iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NE WI Woodland Owners Conference

Started by rocksnstumps, December 29, 2008, 10:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocksnstumps

Event is January 10th, 2009. For a complete listing of conferences and locations in Wisconsin this winter visit www.woodlandinfo.org. Registration for this event is encouraged by 1/2/09. Some of the topics include EAB, Timber theft and fraud, and Chainsaw safety. I had a chance to see Tony Deinenger give a chainsaw safety demonstration at a Wolf River chapter event of WWOA last winter. Very worthwhile, although with this being all indoors mabe not as easy to visualize the techniques in action. Tony has been through the Game of Logging courses as well and teaches at FVTC

SwampDonkey

rocksnstumps, I assume you have been to a few of these conferences in the past. I was wondering about the turnout. In the last few years the numbers of participants have not been too high in this area. Yes we get 300-500 people, but that's less than 10 % of woodlot owners. In the annual meetings we get less than 200 at our local association. In NB, we have 7 regional associations and Forest Products Marketing Boards.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

In addition to the conference, there are apparently some internet classes available free, but need to register to participate.

http://basineducation.uwex.edu/woodland/conference/LAYL/LAYLwebcast.html

I may sign up to see what is presented, and to learn more about it.

The rocknstumps conference is in Green Bay, and the first of several scheduled around Wisconsin over the next couple months.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

rocksnstumps

SD,
Probably not much different here either on the low attendence vs. number of overall woodland owners in the state. These conferences are held every year during the winter months in about half a dozen locations spaced out over a couple of months. The one in Green Bay has probably several hundred folks attend and the the one in Oshkosh is a little bit less. There are over 33,000 different owners registered with the Managed Forest Law program and of course there are others not in the program at all.

Thank You Sponsors!