iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New furniture for a New Kid

Started by Modat22, February 06, 2009, 02:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modat22

Aria Reece born Jan 23 2009. Future wood worker or weapons designer for the government.

Her very own Pootable. made from black walnut scraps. Most used piece of furniture in my house right now.

Her first dresser, probably wouldn't win any awards in a contest. Its made as tough and varmit resistant as I could make it.

Aria's wardrobe, note the drawer face isn't installed in this photo. ran out of lumber and was gluing up a wider board.

Added a nice ladder step with two 100 pound full extension drawer slides, unit is also strapped to wall with a nylon dog collar strap.

Notice the nice white finish added to the furniture perfect for stickers, crayons and permanent marker drawings.

remember man that thy are dust.

Patty

Congratulations!  8)     She is so precious!

The furniture was made by a very proud daddy...that is obvious.  :)

Good job!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

SwampDonkey

Congrats dad! Aria has some nice drawing boards to work out the trajectory math for the first manned Mars mission. ;D

The cabinetry and shelving looks great.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Modat22

I ended up having to build everything outside in my yard using 2x4's as the work surface because I had to move everything from the room that is now the baby room into my workshop  :D

It was a bit cold.

SwampDonkey

No firewood and stoves in that country? ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Modat22

ahh I mean, the room aria sleeps in used to be a sort of mini-electronics computer room. after the wife became pregnant it took a long while moving some of my old equipment into my work shop which is kind of small to begin with. The other stuff is still needing a new home as it sits in my folks barn. Seems down in my county folks don't piddle with electronics anymore.

But.. the wife will now let me build a bigger workshop economy allowing that is.

ohsoloco

That's a great idea making the drawer a stepping platform as well  8)

thecfarm

Aria,has that look in hey eyes,You're not done building that yet Dad? Does she have brothers,sisters? She will enjoy all that you build her.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Modat22

Aria will be the one and only, Dad has all sorts of woodworking tools, sawmill, atv's and things to learn on.

With my luck she'll hate all of it  :o

Part_Timer

Congrats to you and the wife. I'm thinking you are going to need a pink logrite cant hook now .  :)  Tell Mandy we said Hi and give Aria a hug for us.  Maybe we will see you at the KY show this year.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

LeeB

Nice work there dad. the furniture looks pretty good too ;)
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

metalspinner

Great projects! 8)

Building for your kids and family gives us the best feelings of all.  Kind of makes you want to go that changing table and take care of business, don't it? :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Modat22

Quote from: Part_Timer on February 09, 2009, 09:41:05 PM
Congrats to you and the wife. I'm thinking you are going to need a pink logrite cant hook now .  :)  Tell Mandy we said Hi and give Aria a hug for us.  Maybe we will see you at the KY show this year.

Mandy would probably beat me with the pink cant hook for talking her into the feeding method for the kid, lets just say that Dad isn't currently equiped for the job.

Hope you guys are doing good, didn't you go out of country to do some sawing?

zopi

Sons will scatter to the four winds, but a daughter is always your little girl...

She won't hate them..get her interested at an early age, and if you keep her busy with it through about 14 she'll stick...

Nothing wrong with being a weapons designer...you might put her to work on a better set of prox fuses for the SM-2 B3B....
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Part_Timer

;D ;D ;D ;D    Just remind her how much better it is for the baby.

Yep went to Africe a year ago.  There is a group leaving today to start on the church.  I go over with Zac next year to set up the solar array and generator.  We will also be giving a swingmill advanced class. 

Send me your address and I'll send you a disk with Pics.  THere are about 200 of them and a half dozen videos as well. 
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Thank You Sponsors!