iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to Forum!!

Started by Jeff_Green, October 07, 2001, 04:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff_Green

:)I would like to thank Tom Cadenhead for inviting me to visit all of you here! ... I read some of his comments on WoodWeb and was very impressed with his uplifting and informed manner .... I have recently purchased a 20hp Gilbert manual mill and love turning logs into lumber - (Why couldn't I have done this 20 years ago?) .... I can use some guidance so don't hesitate to share advice - I am a fast learner .... Thanks everyone! .... Jeff Green

Tom

Hey Jeff,

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  Boy, that was quick.  I'm sure glad to see you.  I'm certain you will find a lot of entertainment here and we're all out to learn something.   Looks like you can teach me something already.......What in the heck is a Gilbert.  Got a picture?  

Jeff

Jeff! What a name, man you are certainly welcome here with a wonderful and wise name such as yours. :)

Really, welcome. I think you will find this board to be much like the man that invited you. We look forward to your visits.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

timberbeast

Welcome,  Jeff!!!  Nice place Jeff has here,  so Jeff,  if you need any help,  Jeff can help.....uh,  which Jeff?  OH!  Welcome,  Jeff Green!  :D
Where the heck is my axe???

CHARLIE

Welcome to the Forum Jeff!  There's a great bunch of people here that are a lot of fun. Just a warning though. Watch out for that TOM guy. I hear he'll tell a tall tale or two once in a while and leans toward stretching the truth too. Everyone else is honest and truthful though. :D :D :D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Don P

Hi Jeff, Welcome.
Yup, I would like to see pics of your mill...but more importantly, your guest bedroom ;D
If you don't have one yet, don't worry I can bring tools.

L. Wakefield

Ooh, Don! Come on up thisaway and let me show you my sunroom and my greenhouse. Course. they're not quite done yet (just thought of it actually) but just so long as you bring your tools... :D :D :D :D   lw (Bunny is rolling around giggling and snorting..)
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Don P

:D If Michelle hears me offering to work for music I have a feeling I'll get a new CD and a swift kick in the pants, all the while being led to our guestroom by the ear. ;D

Jeff_Green

:) :)

Thank you all for your kind words of welcome ..... I do not have a picture of my Gilbert mill but I can tell you a little about it - It is very,very, yellow and pulls a 1 1/4" band powered by a 20hp honda engine, I can cut a maximum 30"dia log with it (it has about 20 to 24" of clearance between the guides) ...... I built the carriage (used to be a welder) out of 2 x 6 x 1/4 tubing and threw an axle under it (so I can pull it in a parade if I want to) ...... If I am careful I can cut just over 20 foot logs.  It came from Quebec via Bert Beiler of Iowa Lumber Co. (Great Guy!) .... One terrific aspect of this mill is that I wont get flabby pushing any hydraulic controls - I will get a lot of exercise loading-turning and unloading!!! ...... Thank you all again!! ... Jeff

Thank You Sponsors!