iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saturday's project

Started by scsmith42, July 15, 2011, 12:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

I reckon whoever is pulling boards will be draggin' tail by the end of the day.  Better take em to an old time dance that night and limber them back up with a few polkas.   :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

WDH

I don't know if Jake likes to dance or not, but I bet Lorraine does  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

OneWithWood

Thanks for the quick reply, Scott.

I have used a MS460 with a 37" and standard chain in an old Granberg mill setup to split large ash logs in the past.  It did the job but seemed to really lug the saw.  The Granberg clamp takes up about 8" of bar length so I was contemplating going to a longer bar coupled to a MS660 and getting some ripping chain to make things easier.  There are about 20 40"+ ash, tulip, cherry and red oak logs in the yard awaiting my attention.

The only thing holding me up is the $1300 price tag of the 660  :-\

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

scsmith42

Quote from: customsawyer on July 26, 2011, 09:03:18 PM
Give us a couple of weeks notice on the milling of this baby and maybe some of us will have to take a bike ride up and watch the heavy lifting. ;D

*watch*??????  >:(

We have a motto here on the farm.  A happy guest is a working guest.   :D   :D 

Seriously, you bet I'll provide some advance notice!  Probably some time in October or November.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

scsmith42

Quote from: OneWithWood on July 27, 2011, 09:57:13 AM
Thanks for the quick reply, Scott.

I have used a MS460 with a 37" and standard chain in an old Granberg mill setup to split large ash logs in the past.  It did the job but seemed to really lug the saw.  The Granberg clamp takes up about 8" of bar length so I was contemplating going to a longer bar coupled to a MS660 and getting some ripping chain to make things easier.  There are about 20 40"+ ash, tulip, cherry and red oak logs in the yard awaiting my attention.

The only thing holding me up is the $1300 price tag of the 660  :-\

Robert, would you believe that I picked up my 066 for a few hundred bucks on e-bay?  I've seen several go for $500.00  or less.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Raider Bill

Quote from: WDH on July 26, 2011, 10:36:07 PM
I don't know if Jake likes to dance or not, but I bet Lorraine does  :D. 

Rumor has it Jake's a dancing fool!  8) 8) smiley_love
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

metalspinner

QuoteRobert, would you believe that I picked up my 066 for a few hundred bucks on e-bay?  I've seen several go for $500.00  or less.

I picked up mine from a tree service guy for a couple hundred bucks - minus a bar.  Been several years now and the saw has performed wonderfully. :)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Thank You Sponsors!