iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

From the log to furniture

Started by just_sawing, September 03, 2012, 10:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_sawing

Some times there is too much worry about green lumber. People built fine furniture from the log to the peice.
Here is a small project that my Daughter and Son in-law needed for a booth.
The joints were either glued with Poly or Elmers. The joints were stapled to have the glue held the screwed with everything together. It will season with all parts together and I expect no problems

You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

thecfarm

Looks good.
By the way,What does that say on your mill? All I can read,Is not in my wallet.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Warbird

Nice.  Is that made to hang from a ceiling or stand on the floor as pictured?

beenthere

Looks good.

As a friendly suggestion, remove the gloves when passing lumber through the table saw (likely the router too, but at least working around a saw blade). Ugly damage can happen to the 10 digits if (or when) the saw teeth catch a glove (or other loose clothing). ;)

As well (being on the subject), never joint and allow any fingers to be over the jointer head. Most injuries using a jointer come when a piece will catch and scoot out from under those fingers, leaving them fighting with the rotating knive blades. A push stick or push block if pressure is needed over the head, otherwise keep hands on one side or the other.

This may help others also, and hope you don't take it as a put-down.

Appreciate the picture story of the project.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

tyb525

Yeah, I nearly cut my thumb off on my table saw, my gloves weren't skin tight therefore the blade caught the gloves and pulled my thumb into the blade.

Wouldn't have happened without gloves.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

jueston

Quote from: thecfarm on September 03, 2012, 10:41:47 AM
Looks good.
By the way,What does that say on your mill? All I can read,Is not in my wallet.

i think its ID not in my wallet, but i still have no idea what it says above that...

but the piece looks good, i too wonder if it hangs or stands on the ground...

just_sawing

Your Fair Share is not in my Wallet
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

grweldon

Quote from: beenthere on September 03, 2012, 12:33:16 PM
As well (being on the subject), never joint and allow any fingers to be over the jointer head. Most injuries using a jointer come when a piece will catch and scoot out from under those fingers, leaving them fighting with the rotating knive blades. A push stick or push block if pressure is needed over the head, otherwise keep hands on one side or the other.

First thing I noticed about the pics and it made me cringe.  I have an injury on my left byrd finger due to a jointer.  Can't even tell now, 20 years later, but at the time I thought I had lost the whole tip of the finger.  Had push blocks handy, but wasn't using them.  I don't do that anymore...
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Thank You Sponsors!