iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tanaka chainsaws

Started by barbender, September 15, 2012, 01:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

Anyone have any experience with the Tanaka brand saws? I came across a 32cc rear handle at a show I'd like to get for my wife, it looks like a solid small saw but I have no experience with them.
Too many irons in the fire

blackoak

I always thought the older Tanakas were very much like Echo saws. All the ones I have worked on seemed like well built saws. I don't know much about the new Tanakas.

Cut4fun

They do have a little 32cc homeowner grade rear handle out for $159 with 14".   Why not try it for that.

Light too  Dry Weight / LBS. (KG) - Powerhead Only: 8.4

They have a $20 rebate on that model right now too.

drobertson

hey barbender, I have seen one a few years ago, good mid range saw, the fellow just loved it. would'nt trade it for nothing.  Not sure on the mix ratio, might check that, if you have other saws just to keep some kinda standard on the mix. Other than that I would go for it. Specially if the wife wants to run it.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sawguy21

No experience with their saws but but other products such as their ice auger and drill are very good quality. Do you have a good servicing dealer nearby?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

barbender

Well, I brought it home, $119 for the 16" bar model, I got it directly from the distributor. The closest dealer is an hour away, I do most of my own service work anyhow. We'll see how it works ;)

ladylake

Hope it works, made in China.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

blackoak

The older Tanakas were made in Japan

ladylake

Yes Tanaka and Hitacha (bought out Tanaka)  were made in Japan, now a lot made in China including that 32cc saw.  Another company headed downhill making money off what was a good name.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

barbender

Hmm... We'll see how it holds up, I haven't even started it yet. I know I like the way it is constructed versus the Husky small saws with the single bar nut and plastic toolless tensioner that looks guaranteed to break off in cold weather.

LorenB

Quote from: barbender on September 15, 2012, 01:09:16 AM
I came across a 32cc rear handle at a show I'd like to get for my wife,...

Years ago, I got a new chainsaw for my wife.  Best trade I ever made. 

– Loren
Loren
Baker 3667D portable sawmill, Cook's edger, Logrite arches & peaveys.  Husky 272XP chainsaw & two Echos.

Thank You Sponsors!