iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Vacation in UP

Started by Skip, January 09, 2013, 08:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skip

My wife and I are Planing a vacationin the UP the week before Memorial Day or the week after. We are bringing are camper and are lab Brutus. I was wondering what the weather is normaly like temp etc. Who better to ask than you guys up in that neck of the woods ? Plan on staying a week or so.

Jeff

At that time of year, you could expect anything. From snow showers to 90°'s   Typically, is show be in the upper 60°'s low 70°'s.  It also depends on where you are going in the U.P.   Its a big place.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chevytaHOE5674

Memorial day is the end of may which can mean a lot of weird weather. I've seen accumulating snow around then and I've also seen 80 degrees as Jeff pointed out. Over "here" that time of year it's usually in the mid to low 60's and rainy. But I've come to expect the unusual  8).

Raider Bill

I don't know how fluid your dates are but the FF Pig Roast is 1st Saturday of August.  :)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Jeff

That first week in August is usually the best time to come to Michigan weather-wise, as that is the reason we picked that date for the Pig roast.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Yoopersaw

Quote from: Jeff on January 09, 2013, 08:55:18 AM
At that time of year, you could expect anything. From snow showers to 90°'s   Typically, is show be in the upper 60°'s low 70°'s.  It also depends on where you are going in the U.P.   Its a big place.

X10 on this.

gspren

If all goes well and we make the pig roast again this year we want to go up through the UP and then over through Wisconson, Minnisota, and the Dakotas. Closer to that time we will be asking for suggested routes.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Thank You Sponsors!