iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Mill Ordered Today

Started by wwsjr, April 10, 2013, 05:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwsjr

I made the decision and the call to Evelyn at WM Mississippi today, new mill is ordered. I settled all the insurance claims last week, time to make a move. I drove to TN this morning to look at a mill that is in auction Saturday, piece of junk. I cannot believe how someone could abuse a mill that much in 1978 hrs. Covers all missing, debarker hanging sideways, hyd hoses tied up with baler twine, no way.
I ordered the LT40HDE25 Super with remote which includes Accuset 2 and autoclutch, debarker, and lubemizer. Also ordered 60 new blades to replace the 70 that were burned. Same mill with the exception of the 51hp Cat engine on the mill that burned. Got to get busy with concrete slab, 3-phase power, and shed. I have some good power poles and stack of 2 X 6 and 8 pine for framing. Thanks to all those on the Forum who expressed concern and offered help. Still working on disposal of the burned mill. Members who have sent PM, I get back to you as soon as I can.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Dave Shepard

I'm happy to hear you are going to be able to rebuild.  :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Corley5

8) 8) 8)  Glad you're rebuilding  8) 8) 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Magicman

Thanks for sharing the good news Willie.  I am sure that you will be happy to get your business back.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Glad that you are going to rebuild! 8)
Happy, Happy, Happy! :) :) :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Way to go Willie. I happy for you.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

Here's wishing you the best of luck Willie!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

dukndog

Good news Willie and congrats!! Can't wait to see pics of the "E" model!!!
WM LT-15G25 w/PwrFeed, Mahindra 3510, Husky 385xp, Stihl MS261 and a wife who supports my hobby!!

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

thecfarm

Good for you. Now you have a second chance to get everything right.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

AdamT

Awesome!!!! Im excited for you
2017 Wood-Mizer LT40HDD35-RA
2011 Wood-Mizer LT40 HD

It's better to have it and not need it then it is to need it and not have it

mikeb1079

encouraging to hear willie.  can't keep a good man down!   move_it
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

Peter Drouin

Good for you, I like to see a man come back, good luck and don't for get the pic :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

scully

Wow ! you sure didn't cut ant corners ! great for you ! please show some pic's soon !
I bleed orange  .

schakey

smiley_applause smiley_fiddler smiley_sun
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

sigidi

Good onya mate!! well done hope it works out much better for ya
Always willing to help - Allan

wwsjr

Received packet today from WM on my new mill. Should be ready about May 10th. I hope I can get concrete and 3-phase power ready by then. I am scheduled to pickup at Mississippi ASC. I plan to drive down, spend the night in the old cabin at Beatrice Sawmill, drive back next day. Maybe Tim will break out the fiddle and play a few tunes. Looking forward to visiting with Tim and Evelyn, good people. Even though this is my 4th WM mill, I still get excited about a new mill.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

rooster 58

John_Haylow

Congratulations, that's really good to hear.

Take care,
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Larry

It's great to hear you recovering from the fire. :)  Onward and upward.

Hope the journey is smooth this trip.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

customsawyer

Great to hear about the new mill. Enjoy your time with Tim and Evelyn they are great folks.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Bibbyman

Congratulations on the new mill.  You'll love E25 once you kind of retrain yourself.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Meadows Miller

Gday

Great News Willie  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) are you thinking of trading the diesel edger in for a static electric Mate  ???

Say Gday to Tim Evelyn & their Son for me  ;) ;D ;D say the Aussie that was there this time last year says he should have just slapped the cash down for the 40  :) :)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!