iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

just a great land owner

Started by cutter88, December 26, 2013, 06:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutter88

started cutting a patch of private this October just finished up today the land owner has a shop on the property and I can count on my hand the amount of times hes even came around... ive asked him a few times if I could cut him a check for whats owed to him for timber he just says oh son don't worry about that just keep up with the good work and will square up one day so I called him on the 24th thinken he could maybe use the chunk of money for Christmas he said nope come on down to the shop when the mills square with u in the new year and you can pay me up then!! point of the story is its so nice to work for a trusting fellow who isn't hounding me every time a truck leaves for some money and following the skidders around the bush to see what there up to lol!
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

Ron Wenrich

I had a client similar to that.  They wanted the money in the next year due to tax reasons.  It worked out well for all parties concerned.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

lynde37avery

I like to be the one bugging the landowner when they can take the money from me. haha its cool when they aren't that concerned.
Detroit WHAT?

dgdrls

I think it speaks volumes about you too ;)

DGDrls

Bert

I've run into this too. Even had 1 out of state land owner refuse my stumpage offer and say just pay half of what you offered and keep and eye on the property for me.
Saw you tomorrow!

Chuck White

I've had customers as far away a Syracuse, but owned land in my area who were about the same as what Cutter88 is talking about.

They would e-mail me a cut sheet and then I'd go look at the logs that someone local cut and give him an estimate via e-mail.

They would show up some time after the lumber was all cut and square up with me, and most always would include a tip!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

chain

This thread happens to go against every piece of business advice I've ever received from attorneys to State forestry in safe-selling of private timber. Are we saying to allow someone to cut your trees without contract and pay whenever there's a blue moon?

Logging is a tough competitive business, full of dangers and mishaps. Price of timber could fall, mills could go under, heavy repair bills, I could go on and on. Logger could be seriously injured, and long term recovery. And then, there's bankruptcy.

Always go by a contract, and try to protect everyone.

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!