iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Customer's projects pictures thread

Started by Jim_Rogers, January 11, 2014, 10:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greyhound

A couple super simple projects from customers.

caveman

The young man who built the "armory" came back and bought quite a bit of blue pine this afternoon.  He showed me the finished pictures of his gun room.  I think he did an exceptional job.

Caveman

caveman

As cool as live oak is to me and as difficult as it is to saw and dry properly it has not been a great seller

for us in board form.  A couple of weeks ago a guy from Orlando bought all of the s4s we had on hand for a fraction of its worth (we needed the rack space).  Anyway, tonight he sent me a couple of pics of a table top he built out of some of the live oak he got from us a few weeks ago.  
Caveman

Magicman

Here is some lumber that Luke and I sawed last year.  Ceiling, flooring, and kitchen island top.

And here it is now;  Flooring.

Flooring plus wall paneling between the shelves.

Flooring plus the kitchen island top yet unfinished.

Flooring plus you can see a bit of ceiling.

And V-Groove porch ceiling almost completed.  It was finished before installing.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

JJ

Love the ceiling to floor windows.   Somebody's pet is really going to like that.
Floors look great too!

JJ

caveman

The guy who built the live oak table top just sent me a picture of the finished table and wants more live oak boards.  Surprisingly the live oak boards have not been a big seller for us and we usually end up sawing our live oak into live edged slabs.

MM, the floors and counter top look incredible.

Caveman

WDH

Those tapered legs look nice.  Just straight square ones look clunky to me. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

caveman

Danny, I still need to bring you a live oak log or two.  I agree you on the legs.
Caveman

kelLOGg

Just before Covid hit last year I finished a 3 month long saw job for a friend who was building his own house. He brought me SYP logs and I sawed and air dried about 8000 bd ft for siding plus a few beams. My wife and I went to his daughter's 1 year old birthday party yesterday and got a tour. Take a look.

Black is an unusual color for a house but I thought it looked great in the setting it is it. Inside looks like an art gallery but I didn't cut for that.
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

samandothers

Great looking place! Looks like furring strips under the horizontal siding. Should help keep it dryer and cooler in the summer.

VB-Milling

Quote from: caveman on March 29, 2021, 10:26:37 PM
The young man who built the "armory" came back and bought quite a bit of blue pine this afternoon.  He showed me the finished pictures of his gun room.  I think he did an exceptional job.

This project turned out pretty awesome.  Kudos to that guy for not only his collection, but having the space to dedicate a securable room to his hobby.  Just fantastic.
HM126

Durvin Wick

Pavilion is complete, great project with the wife and grandkids. Thanks everyone on here for the wealth of information I found on this forum.

doc henderson

very calm, peaceful, and beautiful.  could be a chapel with the benches.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Daburner87

Quote from: Durvin Wick on May 20, 2021, 03:26:56 PM

Pavilion is complete, great project with the wife and grandkids. Thanks everyone on here for the wealth of information I found on this forum.
That came out great.  How did you joint the benches?
HM130Max Woodlander XL

Durvin Wick

The slabs had some rot, the wife used epoxy and dyed it brown to fill in the cracks.

Durvin Wick

After the slabs air dried we just hit them with a 4" belt sander.

Raym

So....Being partially retired from home building, I still get to build a couple houses a year. This one, I am nearing completion and the customer had some timbers that were dated to 1878 from a family barn somewhere in New York. He asked if I could use them to make a mantle for his fireplace. I dont know if I have ever seen rings so tight and it appears that this may have started as a 16" (ish) log. I'm guessing about 160 years old. That would make it a seedling somewhere in the 1700's.

I had 3 timbers to work with. I only found one that seemed to be free of metal.

I put on a new (resharp) blade and it sawed like a breeze.

Count them if you want to. I didnt.....

Installation was a little tricky because they were very heavy. The legs and top header (8"x5") were anchored into studs with 6" timber anchors and the top mantle (10"W x 8"T x 6'L) was also anchored into wall studs.

Needless to say, they were very pleased.
'14-LT40 super, nyle l200m kiln, vintage case 480E loader.

It's not the fool that askith, it's the fool that agreeith.

Cjross73

Some of the B&B siding I've been sawing,  sure makes me want to build a new barn....

LT40, Stihl saw, Old green tractor

alanh

I picked up this boatload (2) of pecky cypress slabs from a mill I was driving by coming back from Florida a couple years back, finally got around to doing a multi color epoxy pour bartop to replace the one I built from too green black locust 10 years ago,

<br

>

Crusarius

That is definitely one of the nicest bar tops I have seen. Nice work.

caveman

Great job on the bar top.  I've never seen pecky cypress in a Boston Whaler.
Caveman

alanh

Thanks guys, it definately was a pita keeping the epoxy from following the "peckies' and running out the bottom. In hindsight (which is always 20/20) it would have been way easier to build a mold and immerse the entire thing in one color but we had decided on the multi color. 
 Putting them in the boat was a much easier solution than being "that guy" and tying them on the roof of the car for a 1400 mile trip.

DbltreeBelgians

Beautiful bar top. Very nice job. I like the dive helmet on the corner shelf under the TV also.

Brent

alanh

Thanks, the dive helmet is an ice bucket in disguise....

Crossroads

I cut these 2 slabs about 5 or 6 years ago. 

With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Thank You Sponsors!