iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Had an Orange smile today

Started by Bruno of NH, April 09, 2016, 02:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

I ordered some bands from Woodmizer some time ago and had not used one yet.
Been sawing some knotty and pitchy pine .
I ordered one 9 degree two 7 s and two 4s .
My mill has a 13 hp honda one it .
Put on the 9 degree it was like a new mill Wow  8) 8) 8)
Im sold cant belive the cuts :) :) :)
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Verticaltrx

I only use the 9* blades on my mill (LT15 w/ 19hp), they absolutely work great in every species and condition I have sawn. Helps to keep things simple and organized with only one blade type.
Wood-Mizer LT15G19

Bruno of NH

Is their something special about the WM 9 degree band ?
I have 8 degree from another Co and they don't cut anything close to the WM bands .
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Verticaltrx

Quote from: Bruno of NH on April 09, 2016, 05:36:36 PM
Is their something special about the WM 9 degree band ?
I have 8 degree from another Co and they don't cut anything close to the WM bands .

I believe there is something different about them, even vs the other woodmizer blades in different pitches. I can't recall exactly, but I remember reading about the 9* blades being a different tooth profile or something, made them work well on lower powered mills, IIRC. Maybe someone with more blade knowledge can give you a more precise answer.
Wood-Mizer LT15G19

Magicman

I had one several years ago and it sawed very well on my LT40.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

4x4American

I just got two .045" 9 degree blades the other day a couple months ago as per a recommendation from a fellow ff member.  Haven't tried them yet.  The gullet looks alot smaller.  No offense.
Boy, back in my day..

AnthonyW

Most of the time we only mention the angle of the front of the tooth, but there is also a angle on the back. Hence the difference between the WM 7* and Turbo 7*. So the overall profile of the tooth can be much different between the different blades. I purchased the WM blade gauge while ordering some other mill parts. It becomes quite obvious when the blade does not match the gauge, and you can see the overall difference between the tooth profiles.

I recently acquired 4*, 7*, Turbo 7*, 9*, and (more) 10*. My mill has a 15HP Kohler. I started with the 10* then changed to the 7*. I find the 7* to cut better and last longer than the 10*. I look forward to trying the 4, turbo 7, and 9 degree profiles. I strongly believe the correct blade is based more on personally technique than on horsepower or the particular mill.
'97 Wood-Mizer LT25 All Manual with 15HP Kohler

ladylake

Quote from: 4x4American on April 09, 2016, 08:57:33 PM
I just got two .045" 9 degree blades the other day a couple months ago as per a recommendation from a fellow ff member.  Haven't tried them yet.  The gullet looks alot smaller.  No offense.

After cutting well over 2 million bf I've come to the conclusion that a shallow gullet like a WM 9° and the Simonds I run cut straighter.   More blade, less tooth.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!