iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maple sapping ???

Started by Woodhauler, February 27, 2017, 06:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

As our evaporator is to small for the amount of taps, I was wondering if I kept a pot of sap on a turkey cooker getting super hot before it goes in holding tank, would this help increase our production. The one we got will do 5 gallons sap + per hour. So what do you think??
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Gearbox

Every thing helps .We found out that just keeping the door closed in the sugar shack was good for 5 gal an hour . we started out with a 2 x 6 flat pan and got up to 20 gal an hour be for going to an evaporator .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Ed_K

As long as you finish up all the sap in the turkey cooker your fine. If you leave it when your done and it cools off it'll grow bacteria which will make your syrup on your next boil darker. Check out Maple Trader when you decide to go bigger with your next up grade. This is just like sawdust the addiction just gets bigger  ;D .
Ed K

newoodguy78

Ed_k,
I fully agree with talking and dealing with the guys at maple trader they are straight shooters I feel. I don't know about you but I think Woodhauler may have already been bitten by the maple bug

Woodhauler

Quote from: newoodguy78 on March 02, 2017, 10:22:20 PM
Ed_k,
I fully agree with talking and dealing with the guys at maple trader they are straight shooters I feel. I don't know about you but I think Woodhauler may have already been bitten by the maple bug
No , my son got bit, and im the one with time on my hands this spring to tend things!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Thank You Sponsors!