iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

208d tj hydraulics

Started by Firewoodjoe, May 28, 2020, 07:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewoodjoe

Well I got stuck last week and the winch wouldn't pull itself out. Which it was deep. I didn't think about it then but now I notice the blade will raise half way and slow down and almost float down. I lower it and raise it again and it's fine. It's full of oil. What could it be? And would that also effect the winch power? Thanks. 

moodnacreek

mike_belben

Sounds to me like the blade cylinders are leaking back to tank and losing prime.  The incompressible oil is then replaced with compressible air while sitting and your first few strokes have to pump it back full of fluid.  Likely a worn spool in the control valve block.

I assume your winch is run off a pto shaft direct from a transmission input shaft idler and hydraulic oil applies the force to a piston, moving a friction coupling to engage the drum to the spinning takeoff shaft or geartrain.  It would probably be a single acting circuit with a spring return.  If that is the case, air in the line would reduce the force on the friction coupling.  Single acting circuit with a tiny stroke is very bad at self bleeding.

Keep in mind ive never worked on or drove a skidder.  I could be talking out my butt.  But if theres a hyd line to the winch, crack it and purge some fluid into your solo cup and look for bubbles, trash, metal, foam etc then try winching again.  Maybe youre on to something.

Praise The Lord

tacks Y

Asking your winch to pull you out of there may be to much. A lot of suction there to. I hope you got it out? If so how?

Firewoodjoe

I'm leaning towards the blade cylinders leaking back. I still feel the winch should have more power. And yes it's out. Ran the winch out on a angle front word to a tree and my forwarder with chains and cable hook to the front on dry ground. Still couldn't get it. I put the blade all the way down and got both machines ready then lifted the blade and pulled with everything and she popped right out. And no water at that point just black worm poo. All 4-5 feet that I seen. My bad😕

Thank You Sponsors!