iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill Insurance

Started by Paul G, May 07, 2009, 03:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul G

Hey everyone,
I am in the process of getting insurance for my swing mill. I am located in North East PA and primarily do custom sawing for others. I am having a difficult time finding affordable insurance that would cover liability and equipment. The only quote I have been able to get and its not certain, is for $1500.00 to $2000.00 a year. Does this sound about right? If so then I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and pay.
If there are any sawyers in PA with a good insurance lead it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Paul

mike_van

Paul, on the 'search' tab above, type in insurance, there's a lot of info on here about it.
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

John Bartley

Quote from: Paul G on May 07, 2009, 03:33:11 PM..............The only quote I have been able to get and its not certain, is for $1500.00 to $2000.00 a year. Does this sound about right? ................

I'm paying $1500.00/year for minimal equipment and maximum liability coverage.

cheers

John
Kioti DK35HSE w/loader & forks
Champion 25hp band mill, 20' bed
Stihl MS361
Stihl 026

woodmills1

If you have over 10 acres you can get a policy from farm family.  My liability covers the sawmill at home or out for cutting with or without the homeowners help for around 600.  I changed all of my insurance to farm family, but to repeat you need at least 10 acres to get into my kinda policy.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Meadows Miller

Gday

And welcome to the Forum Paul  ;) ;D 8) 8) you have come to the rite place mate  ;) ;D

My insurace costs me $1550 us pa  and covers me for the following in my state of Victoria

Public liability to $10 million

full replacement off equipment (agreed value) for theft ,damage in transport and use/storage .

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Handy Andy

I got a 2 million liability blanket in addition to my house and cars, covers me as long as I'm on my property.  So I only saw on my own property.  It is only about 300 dollars.  Jim
My name's Jim, I like wood.

peterduncan

I thought I was paying a lot for liability and fire and theft. $1000. I guess not. I live in Connecticut

Thank You Sponsors!