iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Found on beach

Started by DextorDee, October 04, 2004, 12:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Fla._Deadheader

I MEANT, do Y'all want some COINS ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

SwampDonkey

whad'ya think we ment? :D :D ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Buzz-sawyer

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Fla._Deadheader

Only got a few left. All of the cheaper ones are sold.  ;) ;D ;D

Let's see if I can find a few pics. Here is 1 coin, both sides.

First, it is ridiculed;

Murf

A former neighbour of mine in West Palm Beach sent me the following "change of address notice" this morning......

If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Fla._Deadheader

Uhhhh, Dat's a little toooooo far ::) ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Tom

Gonna be hard finding coins washing up on the beaches of North and South Dakota :-/   :D

Fla._Deadheader

Here's another example of a Spanish Coin. I used to make Jewelry out of them.

First, it is ridiculed;

DanG

I dunno, Tom.  With all the siesmic activity out there, the Dakotas could be beachfront by the end of the month.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SwampDonkey

Only way there's be any in the Canadian Prairies or BC/Yukon is if a sternwheeler sunk with some loot, and it wouldn't be much older than 150 years or so. Maybe some native lost his copper coins during a pow wow up on the MacKenzie Delta. :D :D

Woodcarver

Speaking of siesmic activity, didn't I hear that someone in Florida found a WWII vintage bomb protruding from his driveway after the last hurricane?  :o
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

DanG

I didn't hear about that, Woodcarver, but it wouldn't surprise me. During WWII there were AAF training bases all over Florida. It was pretty wild down here in them days. Population was sparse and it made a good place for practice bombing and that sort of thing. In the sandy soil that covers much of the state, things like that tend to eventually float to the surface.  In the fifties, it was common practice to bring a dredge into a swampy wetland, and make "lakefront" property by dredging a hole to drain the water into and building up the shoreline to build houses. Some of the dud bombs that had been dropped into the swamp would have been buried under 12-15 feet of sand, then float to the surface over the years.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

2 bombs found on the beach in Ft. Pierce. They were both live.
   First, it is ridiculed;

shopteacher

How much you want for one of um Harold?
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

AtLast

8) WOW!!!...EXCELLANT!!!....way cool!!!!....I LOVE that kinda stuff....and ummm new Baker sawmills... ;D

Fla._Deadheader

Here's something that was recently found on the "Treasure Beaches".

Estimated value, $10,000.00 ;D ;D

WHOA, why are they so big ???  Also couldn't add description ??????????????/
   First, it is ridiculed;

DanG

Looks like ya fergot ta resize. :D

That's a pretty piece. When was it found?

SwampDonkey

Yes that's an amazing piece Fla_Deadheader. In an auction you'de never know how much ya could git. All depends on how bad someone wants it I guess. ;)

Fla._Deadheader

I just optimized from the e-mail picture  ::) ::)  Guess the sender didn't resize ??? ::)

That piece was found last weekend, I believe.

Sometimes you get fair prices and sometimes you get BIG prices. Nice thing about these pieces, is, no two are the same. They were made with a clay mold and carved out of bees wax. Melt the wax and break the mold off the gold piece. That's why the BIG bucks. ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!