iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

041 vs 041super

Started by pabst79, February 10, 2015, 10:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pabst79

I was thinking of acquiring another 041 Super for a spare, as my father and I both have them, and parts are hard to find. Seen one down the road at a tinkers shop (he does more with boat motors than saws), my concern is that the air cleaner color isn't as faded as the rest of the saw, and I'm wondering if its really a Super or he just switched the cover. Is there a way to tell if its truly a 041 Super or just a standard 041av? The recoil has the cross log emblem which I believe makes it pre 75 or so? Who knows it could be put together with parts too. Hmm, any help would be appreciated. ???
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

pabst79

I read in an old thread about a 041 super not having recessed holes on the cylinder? Same amount of fins on cylinder I suppose 44mm vs 48mm?

brettl

I'd like to see someone come on here who knows the 041. I have one too and would like to know more about them. The one I have is an AV and doesn't have the log emblem. Does yours have the normal clutch assembly, not gear driven?

pabst79

Seems like alot of guys I talk to still use or have had an 041, but not very many have the 041super. Mine is not the G model, actually I've never seen one in person. Pics anyone?  smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bouncing_pinky

Thank You Sponsors!