iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer LT35 Simple Set Sensor/Magnet Error

Started by SawyerTed, March 24, 2020, 10:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawyerTed

So I've been fighting with my sawmill off and on a few weeks.  I was getting an error on my Simple Set display - E02 Magnet.  Tyler at Carolinas ASC was very helpful but directed me to Chris in Indy.  We determined after running some trouble shooting that the sensor that senses up/down movement for the Simple Set is bad.  It is being replaced under warranty and the part will be here in a couple of days.  The trouble shooting was straight forward (in the manual) and was a check to ensure the LEDs in the control box indicated correct functioning of the Simple Set and up down controls.

On another note, my bone headed self cut too sharp backing up my mill.  The log lift lever broke when it hit the back of the truck. It actually broke in the top of the valve (and bent the light mount for the left tail lights on the truck).  Tyler and Bridgette at Carolinas again were extremely helpful in identifying the replacement part.  I hadn't found the separate parts sheet for the valve body in my parts manual.  It was there and we quickly identified the parts I needed.   Fortunately, Tyler assured me that I'm not the first to break that part backing the mill.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Poquo

Hi Sawyer Ted ,
My 2015 Lt40 would show the E02 Magnet code sometimes , I would unplug the cable and reconnect it and would work again . The last time it happened ,I put Dielectric grease on the threads and connector , I suspect moisture was getting in causing the problem .It hasn't happened in 2 months now .
2015 Woodmizer LT40HD26

SawyerTed

I'll make sure I use dielectric grease as I reassemble the new sensor.  That's good to know.

I suspect there's been a batch of sensor issues.  The sawyer down the road with an LT 35 newer than mine had to replace the sensor as well.  His was under warranty too.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Thank You Sponsors!