iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hat reminder

Started by Jeff, October 12, 2001, 03:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Some of our newer forum members probably don't know this, but we have a hat level! Many of our members have reached it. At 200 posts you have earned yourself a Timber Buyers Network Hat (This forum is part of the network)

Pretty darn nice hats. I usually give em before you get there, as a few of our members know. If I get a feel that you're definitly going to get there, and continue as part of our forum I send it!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

RavioliKid

And a darn fine chapeau it is, too!

RavioliKid

Eggsander

Man I'm gonna have to quit reading so much and post more. I just want to get to another tree, my forest looks a little weak.  :D
Steve

Jeff

Hey Egg, you will "grow" your next tree by the time you hit 50 posts. You're on your way!  By the way, at 50 posts, things start to appear in the forestryforum forest.

The Forestry Forum can be likened to a forest.

If you just go in and look around, you can learn many things. If you spend a lot of time there, you will not only learn, you will begin to appreciate. Once you start to take an active roll in its development and management you develop a sense of reward, return and enjoyment.

Manage the little forest under your name and it will grow!

Kevin

Here Egg, I`ll help you get started...

Could this be the Cedar Shake ... 8)

Bill Johnson

Definitely nice hats. They stand up to all kinds of weather too.
Need one in blaze orange though so I can wear it when we are out hunting.
Bill

Jeff

O.K. Bill you got a deal. when you get to 2000 I owe you a blaze orange hat.  Where you been? At this rate your goona be hard to see for quite a while.

Eggsander

Kevin,
Thanks for the trees, cedar I assume.  ;D ;D
 8) 8) 8) Kinda looks more like cedar shimmy to me! 8) 8) 8)
Steve

Don P

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
  Well....ya knew I would have to try it  ;D

Jeff

Don, you been hanging around me to much :D

Bill Johnson

Jeff

Would you believe they've been trying to educate me?

I even went on a hardwood treemarking course which is pretty good when you consider 99% of our forest up here is conifer.

I did get to meet a couple of nice guys from Michigan though
Doug Heym from Laingsburg and Don Kuhr from Rapid City I think they both work for the DNR. They were up on the marking course to see if they could pick up any tips to take home.
Best news is I actually squeaked a pass out, not bad for a guy who can't tell ironwood from ash.

Should be able to visit a bit more often now

Bill

Papa Dave

I am a long way from 200, but I am going to get my hat one day. 8) 8) 8)

Tom

That's the spirit Papa Dave.  I had 23 posts one time.  All you have to do is take part, join in, ask questions, offer answers.  Not all of us have gems of wisdom of the quality of the founders of the country to offer every time we write something but I have been thoroughly entertained as well as made smarter.  Can't beat that.   Don't anybody be intimidated. :)

Thank You Sponsors!