iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Could not pass it up

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, May 13, 2016, 09:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My bank had this parked in the parking lot with a For Sale sign on it.
A 1995 S-10 extended cab Chevy PU.
New tires, hard shell bed cover with lock, clean interior, paint good condition, rebuilt 4 cylinder engine with documented paper work which now has 26,000 miles on it.
The lady that works in my bank was selling it to take the money for a down payment for a new Jeep for her son's graduation present.

$2,200......I bought it. Drives like a new sewing machine.
A very good short distance truck, to haul trash, a run to walmart, church functions, taking blades to the Fedex drop off fishing or what ever.
I'll keep the 7.3 Powerstroke in its stable for long hauls and pulling.

I drove it close to 100 miles today. Gets around 21 - 25 miles to the gallon from what I figured.
Not bad IMO.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Well, look at you go.  Soon every goat in the parlor will have it's own ride.

That is a sharp PU.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

that's it I'm buying a saw mill that's where the money must be  :D :D   nice clean truck is stick or auto  2x4 or 4x4 yes I'm nosey  :) :)

red

Looks Great . . I can see a 454 stuffed in there in no time
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Peter Drouin

Nice, up here it would be a pile of rust with 50 LB of bondo on it. :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Peter Drouin on May 13, 2016, 10:02:12 PM
Nice, up here it would be a pile of rust with 50 LB of bondo on it. :D :D :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Its a 2 wheel drive automatic. Paul's 14 now. He drove it in the subdivision for about an hour this evening.  :D

sandhills

Nice ride/score David!  Skip the 454 and go wit a Detroit  :D

sandsawmill14

Quote from: sandhills on May 13, 2016, 11:43:39 PM
Nice ride/score David!  Skip the 454 and go wit a Detroit  :D

or a 3208 ;D  :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

WmFritz

2WD gets much better mileage then the 4WD. Great buy.

Paul's going to have the radio buttons worn out before he gets his license.  ;)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

thecfarm

I just bought a Colorado,a white one too. No extended cap.Mine's a 2010,has 120,000,paid $5000 for it. I guess I should of been shopping in SC.  ;D
I was looking at alot of Ford Rangers,them things are all over the place. Maybe because alot bought them and alot don't like them.  ;D  I was finding the same milage,but 1998-2000.
Have fun with it Paul. I doubt the rear wheels will be smoking much.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on May 13, 2016, 10:19:46 PM
Paul's 14 now. He drove it
I did   um thought I was older than that  :) :)

WDH

Hope the air conditioner works   smiley_sun smiley_sweat_drop.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on May 14, 2016, 07:36:43 AM
Hope the air conditioner works   smiley_sun smiley_sweat_drop.

It does. I'll be a cool Goat.  ;D

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

WV Sawmiller

Congrats on the new find. Looks like a real deal.

Back when my son was at home and in school he had a summer job putting out gypsy moth traps for the USDA or the State. He was using his new Chevy Silverado 4WD in the woods and such. I made a trip to Escambia County Fla and bought a beat up little Ford Ranger from an old family friend with a car lot there. Put a new windshield in, new alternator, and Sean replaced the seat with one from the junkyard and nothing else as long as we had it. I don't know how much money it saved me while we had it. Every time I'd drive or see someone drive it I'd think of how much we saved by not driving one of the bigger 4WD trucks. Just adding it to our insurance dropped our rate about $60/year since we had 3 drivers and 4 vehicles. Sean made enough off mileage that summer to pay for it and offered to buy it but I told him I'd just keep it.

One of our former German exchange students came back with a scholarship to Marshall and borrowed it to take her stuff up there and I never got it back. She drove it a couple years up there, came home here for Christmas one year and totaled it down the creek a few miles on her way to town then ended up with my similar sized Isuzu (Chevy S-10 clone I believe) which I also lost.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Roundhouse

Nice truck. I had an '86 regular cab bought used that I learned to drive stick on. It was my daily driver until I bought an '02 regular cab new and drove that for 7.5 years and 134K miles. Great truck, the only thing it needed in that time was a fuel pump. Despite the limited ponies under the hood it was fun to drive with the 5 speed. A growing family had me moving to a crew cab otherwise I'd still be driving it. As noted by others, us rust belt guys have some envy of deals like this on trucks that haven't rotted away.
Woodland Mills HM130, 1995 F350 7.3L, 1994 F350 flatbed/crane, 1988 F350 dump, Owatonna 770 rough terrain forklift, 1938 Allis-Chalmers reverse WC tractor loader, 1979 Ford CL340 Skid Steer, 1948 Allis-Chalmers B, 1988 Yamaha Moto-4 200, various chain saws

Den Socling

I bought a new S10 around that time. If I remember correctly, it had a pretty good differential that gave it decent traction with the rear wheels. I had an old Chevy PU before that and one wheel would spin and it would get stuck on wet grass.

Thank You Sponsors!