iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

fall farmfest, springfield mo oct 1,2,3 .9-5 ozark empire fairgrounds

Started by paul case, August 25, 2010, 11:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul case

they usually have a lot of sawmills at this show. i bought my mill there 2 years ago

anybody planning to go? i think my family and i will go on saturday morning.   pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

CX3

I always go to the farmfest.  This is a great show and a lot of fun. 

I live in Ozark.
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

paul case

good to meet you cx3
i live just 20 minutes sw of joplin mo.  pc
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

Bibbyman

Mary and I try to make it every year.   Some years we just can't.  

Some pixs from last fall's show..

Here's JB and Mary runing the resaw.

Baker mill.

TimberWolf was there..

Mr. Zimmerman is usually there with his Boardwalk mills and other loging equipment
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

paul case

Quote from: Bibbyman on September 03, 2010, 08:30:20 AM
Mr. Zimmerman is usually there with his Boardwalk mills and other loging equipment
he has told me he will be there again this year as well and i hope he has a new thing or two. he is sporting the jr model now.   pc
pc

paul case

its close enough now i can say with relative certainty that i will be there on saturday morning and probably look all those new mills n equipment over and maybe even meet some more ff members in person. pc
pc

Bro. Noble

I havn't been for several years,  but might try to attend this year.  It's a two hour drive and gotta work it inbetween milkings :)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Bibbyman

Mary and I are planning a "drive by" stop at the show on Saturday morning.  We'll likely only be there a couple of hours before noon and then turn around and head back for home.
Sawing since '94

paul case

Quote from: Bibbyman on September 28, 2010, 01:00:23 PM
Mary and I are planning a "drive by" stop at the show on Saturday morning.  We'll likely only be there a couple of hours before noon and then turn around and head back for home.
thats the same way i will go to it.
i get home sick you know.
pc
pc

paul case

if you wanna say hello and chat a little i will be the guy carrying around a 19'' used belt insert bandwheel. pc
pc

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Bro.  Noble on September 28, 2010, 10:58:24 AM
I havn't been for several years,  but might try to attend this year.  It's a two hour drive and gotta work it inbetween milkings :)

Ouch, sounds like you need a relief milker! I don't envy you for it, I've milked on several different farms from 50-1200 cows. Thanks for providing our breakfast and desert for us.  ;)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Bibbyman

We didn't see Paul, Tom-in-Mo, Br-Noble, or Arky at the show today.

But Wood-Mizer was there with their new, new, new never seen in public LT35 mill.

Baker was not there this year.  There was a spot open for them but????  I guess too many shows to cover this weekend.

TimberWolf was there represented by Beaveroak Hardwoods. 

We visited with Ed. Zimmerman and wife.  They had both models of their mills there plus a lot of logging accesories.

All three companies had their LogRite cant hooks there for sale.
Sawing since '94

paul case

i grabbed one to take home from mr zimmerman

the band wheel is another story.but a good one.
the wheel on one side of my mill was getting too close to the blade(worn out belt). i noticed it was only close on the back. the front had 1/4'' clearance still. when i told ed this he said to bring it to the show and he could help me. he said the company that he was buying wheels from was to cut down the front and back but they obvidously missed cutting down the back. he traded me for another one he had put a new belt on and sold me a new belt for the other side.
i felt so good about it that i bought anita a new cant hook!!!
sorry i missed getting to met you and mary in person. pc
pc

Bibbyman

Paul,  strange we didn't meet.  Mary and I were at the WM booth from about 9:30 until say 10:30 when we walked over the hill and visited with Ed for about 15 minutes.  The we walked back and Mary went into the buildings and I went back through things to the Wood-Mizer demo area and helped them a little.  (Very little!)  Mary came back about noon and we visited with people until about 1:00 and then left.

I'll have to look at all my pictures to see if I can spot you in the crowd.

TimberKing hardly ever does shows.  I seen them one time have mills at the old Paul Bunyon show in Nelsonville years ago.  But that was put on by one of their local customers with a little factory help.

Baker?  I guess there was too many shows this weekend.  It looks like their spot was open right nixt to Wood-Mizer.  Ed Zimmerman said there was another small sawmill company not there this year too.  I don't remember the name.
Sawing since '94

paul case

i thought i remember seeing hudson there last year but i have slept since then so icould have been mistaken.
i am a little hard to hide in a crowd if you are looking for a target anyway! i bet i would have enjoyed the visit. its always good to make a new friend. thanks bibby. even if we didnt meet in person i am glad to make your aquaintance here and thanks for your input and wise council.      pc
pc

Thank You Sponsors!