iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hurricane Gustav

Started by pineywoods, August 30, 2008, 05:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radar67

Sorry to hear about this Wayne. You and your family will be in our prayers.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Norm

I'm sorry to hear that Piney, please accept my condolences.

beenthere

Our sympathy and prayers...may she rest in peace now.

Thanks for letting us know.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DanG

I'm sorry to hear of this, Pineywoods.  You'll be in my thoughts too.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

Condolences from the DEEP South.  :(
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

ARKANSAWYER

Sorry to learn of your Mother's passing.  May the Good LORD bless you and yours.  It was a good thing that you were there to be with her and comfort her in the final days.  For all things there is a season.

As for Gustav we got 9 inches of rain that we really did not need.  Lakes are back to the tops of the dams and creeks are running bank full.  Looks like more a comming.
ARKANSAWYER

Don K

Wayne, Sorry to  hear of your mother passing. God Bless.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

DWM II

Mr. Wayne, sorry to hear about your mother. We were hit hard here and My mother has been staying with us since we have a generator. I'll continue to keep everyone in my prayers.
Stewardship Counts!

Radar67

DWM, y'all still out of power over there? You need anything brought down?

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

Woodwalker

Still a lot of folks without power in La.
Right now I'm sitting at the edge of a sugar cane field outside of New Iberia waiting for a crew to finish setting a pole.  Looks like we will have this section cleaned up and will be moving  up to Dushon (sp) sometime around noon.  We've been in the Lafayette area since Tuesday morning, figure on staying at least another week.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

WDH

Wayne,

Losing your Mother is one of those life experiences that most of us experience, but even so, it is one of the most difficult things to cope with.  I am sorry to hear of your loss. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Texas Ranger

Pineywoods, you are due a break, sorry about your mom, like Danny said, it is one of the tough ones, and right in the middle of a life changing hurricane.  All of  a sudden, my problems are smaller. 

Keep the faith, brother.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

DWM II

Stew, we came back on late yesterday, but we are some of the lucky few. Last reports we had from Entergy puts most folks out in the 20 day range. No---me and mine are in pretty decent shape, but the offer is much appreciated. I'll try andget some pics up later.
Donnie
Stewardship Counts!

Radar67

We were out for 17 days during Katrina, so I feel for them. Glad to hear you got your power back. You have many trees down on your place?

DWM II

Tree count was seven. Four water oaks about 30'' dbh are the worst. some sweet gum and poplar no great loss there. But I did notice as the winds were blowing the roots of two other big water oaks were pumping mud out of the roots. I'm just glad they didnt fall Monday. I'll feel better about them after I getem took down. ;)
Stewardship Counts!

Warbird

Pineywoods, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.  I am praying for you and your family.

pigman

The remains of hurricane Gustav went through here today. We got .2 inch of rain and wind gusts of 5 MPH. I don't think I had any  damage.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Radar67

Donnie, them water oaks make some nice lumber. My first log was a water oak.

pineywoods

Thanks for the thoughts fellas. Mom had pre-arranged everything, something I highly recommend.

These hurricanes affect us somewhat differently than most areas. We get a huge inflow of refugees from every walk of life. It often  strains our capacity to accomodate them but we see a lot of the basic goodness of humanity. Unfortunately we see some of the worst also.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

DWM II

I've been sawing water oak for about a month now, I had some give to me that I am making some timber framing stock out of. Untill the storm I had about ten logs to go--now I have at least another twelve or so saw logs to harvest just from the stuff on the ground here at the house. Think its time to start planning my air drying shed. ;D
Stewardship Counts!

Thank You Sponsors!