iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HOT Today

Started by Magicman, May 24, 2010, 07:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelLOGg

It's supposed to be 98 today so I started early moving logs to the rollway.  Finished at 9am when it was 77°F and 75 per cent humidity-still felt hot and sweaty but I'm sure that's no big deal to you guys further south. 

Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

OlJarhead

Meanwhile we are still 20 degrees cooler here and wondering what this summer will be like!
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

caveman

We roofed a 36'x40' shed this morning with metal roofing.  At least we did not have a breeze to interfere with us lifting 40' sheets up metal up.  Thankfully, we started early and finished before 10:30.  I was soaked from head to toe.  In a little while, after it warms up a bit, John and I have some lumber to move around, stack and then probably saw a whack of 1x6's.  The news readers said the heat index would be 112° from 2 p.m. until 8 p.m. but I really don't know what that means.  It will be warm enough.
Caveman

farmfromkansas

Here in Kansas it is only 93 so far today.  Yesterday the high was 101 but the heat index was about 104.  Have been baling oats, alfalfa and some sweet clover .  Trying to get my planter to work, forgot I hired a guy to plant my beans last year, so the old planter is kind of stiff.  Markers still won't come down, but I got the boxes planting.   There are so many volunteer beans from last year, plan to split the rows so the markers aren't so important till I get to the oats ground.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Don P

Heat Index; a number people who work in offices use to gauge how much whining is appropriate on the way to their car  :D

Chamber of commerce day today. I came home about 4 yesterday to load wood to take to the kiln when we got 60+mph wind then the bottom fell out for a short while. The temp dropped to 60 overnight and its 72 with 26% humidity today, I'll take it  8)

Bruno of NH

In the mid 50's today and a strong breeze same for tomorrow. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

tawilson

Quote from: Bruno of NH on June 18, 2022, 05:03:25 PM
In the mid 50's today and a strong breeze same for tomorrow.
Yeah thank god for that breeze. Lol. I gave up on mowing today.
Tom
2017 LT40HDG35 WIDE
BMS250 and BMT250 sharpener/setter
Woodmaster 725

KenMac

Mid 90's here today, but rising to 101 by Wednesday according to forecasters. I haven't done much this week and don't expect next week to be any different.
Cook's AC3667t, Cat Claw sharpener, Dual tooth setter, and Band Roller, Kubota B26 TLB, Takeuchi TB260C

Magicman

Bushhogged today but thankfully we finished by noon.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

100 & 101's for the rest of the week and the first of next week!!!   HOT Yeah!!!  smiley_sun
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bags

I told Miss K this morn'in that you were gonna be cook'in Lynn when I saw the forecast for down your way. I'd never make it in that southern heat--- its way hotter than our hot up here. I put quite a few 50-60 foot old growth doug-fir on the ground today. It got up to 78* today up by rainbow trail with a bit of breeze this afternoon--- I didn't have to put an extra shirt on though.lol. 

Stay in the shade this week my friend.

Magicman

I have 18-20 Pine logs to saw into framing lumber starting tomorrow.  If we can't finish we may saw half and wait until Wed. to saw the rest.  Don't know yet because I have not met the customer nor seen the logs.

WDH

104° here tomorrow.  Down here, that is very dangerously hot.  I expect some bad things to happen. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

customsawyer

I like when customers get out of their trucks with the ac running and go on about how hot it is. While I'm standing there soaking wet with sweat.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

boonesyard

I don't know how you guys can function down there, my hat's off to you for being able to work in that heat. I know it gets cold up here, but most of the time I can dress for it. We had 101 here last weekend with a heat index of 107. I walked outside and thought I'd died,,,, and gone the wrong way  smiley_devil!
LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler
lots of support equipment and not enough time

"I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time"

Stephen1

She got a little warm up here today, 30C with the humidity bumping it up to 45. Not sure what to turn the numbers for you boys south of the border, except it was hot, real hot for me, We quite sawing at 11. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Resonator

Not sure how those numbers translate either, but I do know Holden wrecks and boilin' diesels steam in 45°. And the western desert lives and breathes in 45°.
(Midnight Oil, 1987)  smiley_guitarist smiley_trap_drummer ;D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Wlmedley

95 here today and high humidity.Thought I would take a ride back on the hill on my four wheeler.That was a mistake.Leg got so hot I thought the hide was coming off it.Think I'll stay in the house till the sun goes down  :laugh:
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

RichTired

Stephen1

45°C × 9/5) + 32 = 113°F

That's HOT! Don't care which side of the border you're from... teeter_totter
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

kantuckid

Quote from: Don P on June 18, 2022, 01:14:33 PM
Heat Index; a number people who work in offices use to gauge how much whining is appropriate on the way to their car  :D

Chamber of commerce day today. I came home about 4 yesterday to load wood to take to the kiln when we got 60+mph wind then the bottom fell out for a short while. The temp dropped to 60 overnight and its 72 with 26% humidity today, I'll take it  8)
Per your comment and many others below: I am "intrigued", if that's the best word choice by all the TV evening news pundits who work inside and tell "US" who work outside what the weather is out there!  :D
Then on another equally somewhat nasty subject called energy prices we have folks on cable news who probably ride around in uber/taxi/black limos and tell us how much we pay for gas and diesel. It's made worse by the news emphasis on east coast/ west coast information that barely applies to fly over land. 
These 50's KY a.m. temp periods slam you in the face when yer lunch is gone. I'm running low on shady jobs ;D
Does the USA military still use "Sweat bulb readings" to determine duty & training temperatures? I'm long removed from such knowledge these days.
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Sixacresand

It is kind of weird presently in the southeast that in low humidity, even when it is 104 degrees, that sweat evaporates as quick as it forms.  It gives you a false sense of being cool and hydrated properly.  I'm used to changing clothes a couple time a day.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

barbender

I've found the same thing when I am out West. Around here I know I'm constantly reminded to rehydrate because I have sweat coming off me in sheets. I can see myself getting into trouble in dry heat.
Too many irons in the fire

sawguy21

It has been a cool, wet spring, crops are not doing well but at least no fires unlike last year. But it looks like summer is here with 27C today and well into the thirties next week which should help the tree fruits ripen.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WDH

It is 10° cooler here today but the humidity is twice as high so 94°with this 60% humidity is worse than the 104° with 25% humidity.  When the air is heavy with humidity and hot at the same time, that is called sultry, sweltery.  That will suck the motivation out of you.  The older I get, the more motivation gets unmotivated with this heat :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

barbender

Yep Danny, muggy weather just saps me. I don't even like going outside if it's sticky. I know a lot of you shudder to think of enduring our Minnesota winters, but gosh a Georgia summer is what scares me🥵🥵🥵
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!