iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Value add project

Started by Bruno of NH, April 14, 2020, 05:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

Stan she is a lucky woman.  what type wood?  now she needs a matching potting bench!  oops I hope she does not read this... :) :) :) :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

stanwelch

Cherry.  And I'm saying nothing about a potting bench :o
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

TCove

Man, I'm glad I found this forum.
You guys are the best....

doc henderson

yes...yes we are!  :D  just kiddin and welcome to the forum @TCove 
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WDH

Cherry?  Stan, this planter box will end up in the Hall of Fame ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

stanwelch

LOL  :D :D  I had too much cherry in my wood stash and needed space to stack my quarter sawn sycamore. Now where am I going to put all of that WALNUT ? Maybe it is time to draw up plans for another barn?

She wants a new dining room table.  Hmmmm - sycamore top/ walnut base?  This quarantine HAS to end soon !!
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

K-Guy

Quote from: stanwelch on May 10, 2020, 05:23:01 AMAll you guys building raised bed planters inspired the build. Showed your designs to my wife she says "I want one too - make it 5' x 2' x 3' "  So I did -  just in time for Mother's Day 

You left the door open and all the dirt fell out!! :D
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Nebraska

I may or may not have with held pictures from this thread due to the fact I knew I couldn't probably get the cedar cut in time for Mother's Day. Saving  it for a Birthday soon. :)

Bruno of NH

Rain here this afternoon 
2 ground beds and 4 3' high beds out the door before 10:00
Spent the afternoon building more and need to do it an other full day this week.
Sawing all day tomorrow. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

stanwelch

K-guy. Now i see why nobody else has a door  say_what

Cjross73

Just wast to say thank you to Bruno for the idea, we've sold around 30-35 raised beds. The wife now sees the old WM might just be able to turn a little income 
LT40, Stihl saw, Old green tractor

Bruno of NH

10 more beds out the door.
Building more today.
I have some ideas for some summer projects
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Jeff

Bruno, I just want to thank you for this topic. There is a value added here that some may not realize. For me, the value was working with Tammy to saw build, assemble, fill and plant a raised garden together. Yesterday we went and bought plants in faith that the cold is done. We found we had to many, so we went out and built another planter totally out of odds and ends.

Its warmer this morning, its raining, and creating our Bruno planters has added some Joy to a time we could use it.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bruno of NH

I want to keep this post going.
I have some other summer projects I'm going to roll out if I have time. 
I posted this so other members could try and see if it could work for them.
Very simple and a good money maker.
I owe this forum so much for the help and knowledge given to me.

Ed_K

Don't use wet old boards to build with. Rita an I spent time building a Bruno planter, Put some planting fabric in the bottom and started filling with top soil got 8 or 10 shovel fulls in and the whole bottom fell out :o. I had screwed two 1x4s along the long sides and put in short boards to fill the bottom. Well 4 screws into the ends of the 1x4s of wet old wood don't hold to good >:( :(. Rita decided to use 2x4s with screws along the long sides to hold them and drop the short boards back in and I could shovel the dirt back in :D
Ed K

Stephen1

Quote from: Ed_K on May 15, 2020, 11:34:13 AM
Don't use wet old boards to build with. Rita an I spent time building a Bruno planter, Put some planting fabric in the bottom and started filling with top soil got 8 or 10 shovel fulls in and the whole bottom fell out :o. I had screwed two 1x4s along the long sides and put in short boards to fill the bottom. Well 4 screws into the ends of the 1x4s of wet old wood don't hold to good >:( :(. Rita decided to use 2x4s with screws along the long sides to hold them and drop the short boards back in and I could shovel the dirt back in :D
Whoops! :D
I use holey pine so the moisture could leak out. 

IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

RichTired

On this version, I screwed a 1" x 1" strip along each long side and used some cedar pieces for the bottom. I also used galvanized bolts to put it together so it can be broken down if necessary, and added cross brackets to hold a lower shelf.

Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

Cjross73

A little different idea from the original,  might sell through the summer months.  

12" square with 1 1/2 square legs. Sold the first 4 singles quick at $25 each. Maybe $90 for the corner set...

LT40, Stihl saw, Old green tractor

Bruno of NH

RichTired

Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

Peter Drouin

It must be the thing this year. Everybodys making them, Look on Facebook or C.L
Must be 50 guys doing it around here.
 Ride it all you can guys.
Good luck.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

One ground bed kit and 6 3'high beds out the door before noon.
Took an order today for 6 beds 3'high for a restaurant in the state capitol of Concord 60 miles away.
One guy waiting on customers and building beds and 2 of us sawing white pine for mill orders today.

WV Sawmiller

Well, I finally broke down and built one and dropped it off at a local plant seller on consignment. I'll also post a picture on my Craigslist ad and see if there is a market for them here.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Bruno of NH

Looks good Howard
Sold 6 today 
Built 6 more and have 2 to build in the morning before sawing

Thank You Sponsors!