iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Like I need another project, but....

Started by Dave Shepard, April 10, 2008, 09:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

I just can't seem to help myself. ::) ;D

So here's the plan. I can buy a Clark 666D that got a little hot under the hood. 4-53 is junk, but the rest of it is good. I don't want another skidder, although it sure looks like a brute. I want to put 3 point hitch and hydraulics to the rear and make a farm tractor out of it. ;D Shouldn't be too hard to cram a DT-466 or 6BT5.9 in there somewhere. I can buy it cheap. What do you think? Let me have it! :)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

J_T

Regular cheap or Dang cheap  ??? I like cheap  :D Lots those old motors around . Never can have to many skidders  8) 8)
Jim Holloway

isawlogs

Ya plannin' on plowin' da forest dere Dave  ???  Well then go fur it !!!!
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

farmerdoug

Dave,  The way you are collecting the iron I want just one thing.  Let us know when you have an auction?  It is going to be a heck of a sale someday. :D :D
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Corley5

The DNR here used to have and maybe still have a couple Clark Rangers with auto trannys and V6 Detroits.  They were used to pull 12' Rome forestry disks and rolling choppers.  Very effective but the seat suspensions were non existent  :) :)  Double DanG cheap sounds like the right price to me  8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Dave Shepard

What kind of auto tranny? That is one area that I see some trouble, unless I just put a truck tranny in behind the new engine. I am pretty sure I can get it for a grand, with four OK tires, and a good working winch on it. Don't know if the winch would go on my TJ or not though.

Dave

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!