iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chainsaw suicide???

Started by slowzuki, December 23, 2004, 06:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowzuki

I hope they don't start trying to ban chainsaws with bars under 18"!  This guy is pretty crazy!  He apparently went for his neck to try to behead himself.

http://www.klkntv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2726500

A lengthy stand-off held Grand Island Police and the State Patrol SWAT team at bay for nearly 7 hours, before it ended in one Grand Island man killing himself. Tuesday night, Grand Island Police were trying to arrest 40-year-old Paul Smidt on a federal warrant for felony possession of a fire arm. When authorities arrived, they say Smidt was armed with a chain saw and refused to let officers inside the barricaded bathroom of his lawn care business. The stand-off ended when Smidt turned the chain saw on himself

Just two months ago, Smidt was involved in a similar stand-off. Police and SWAT Team units were called his home. Inside, he was holding his estranged wife Lois Smidt, at gunpoint. She later escaped, while authorities used K9 units to bring Smidt into custody.

A grand jury will now investigate Smidt's death, which is required under state law.

Corley5

:o  Now that's determination ::)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

He must have just lost his head.

"SORRY" :-X
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawguy21

Now I suppose we will have to equip our saws with seat belts and air bags once the Naderites find out. At least this fruit loop won't cause any more problems.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

jjmk98k

what else is there to say but "ouch"

he had to feel the first cuts.... YIKES!!!!!!
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

sawdust

I can just see it coming..Canadian Government passes laws for Chainsaw registry. Ought to coast a billion at least. :(
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Ernie

But think of the benefits, a whole new pyramid of civil? servants to administer it

Ernie
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

asy

Does this mean you'll have to wait 3 days now, before you can pick your new chainsaw up?

Seriously, though, that would take some doing!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

jjmk98k

just the whole logistics of holding the saw and doing it.....

some people are just dumb like that I guess.....
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Thank You Sponsors!