iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

plastic fuel bottle hook up

Started by chrissheerman, January 19, 2015, 09:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrissheerman

Hey I know allot of bandsaw mills have plastic fuel cans with drill hole and some kind of fuel connection put into it does anyone know where to get those or what they are called?? Want to put new gas bottle and coolant tanks on my band saw

dboyt

In a pinch, I ran a siphon hose out of the top of a plastic gas can.  No need to drill the can and take a chance of a leak.  Any place that sells marine supplies would have tanks with outlets on the bottom.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Chuck White

I agree with dboyt, get a boat gas-tank!

Some connect on the bottom and some connect on the top.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Joe Hillmann

You want a brass nipple with one end threaded and the other with hose barb connection.  That, a couple washers, a nut or coupling and some rtv silicone should do what you need.

Dave Shepard

The marine gas can is probably going to be the cheapest and best option. They will have a top mounted quick connect with a tube on the inside. Early Wood-Mizers used them. Should have a variety of sized to choose from as well.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

chrissheerman

I already have a spare boat gas tank but this mill is setup I assume from factory with a braket that holds a jerry can which has the hose connected to the cap ive seen a plastic jerry can at bass pro and thought it would be great to switch it out and set it up so when I want to refuel it I just take the cap off no messing with the fuel line. My friends thomas bandsaw has some fuel tanks with fittings so I figured id ask where to get some to setup my mill in a simular fashion.

Dave Shepard

What brand of mill? There may be someone here who is familiar with it that can give you better advice. Welcome to the Forum!
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

chrissheerman

Its a I think a 1989 mighty mite hydrologic.  Had serial number but I haven't noticed a model number it the one in my profile picture.

thecfarm

I was going to mention Thomas Bandsaw mill,but you all ready know about them.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clay3

It's called a fuel tank grommet, I bought one at napa but any auto parts store should have them or there's plenty of them on ebay. 
Clay

chrissheerman

Ocklawahaboy

I took the cheap way out.  For my low volume sawing, I got a 2 gal tote around can, drilled a hole, inserted fuel line, Gooped around the hole and called it good.  Been working for quite some time for a $15 investment.  Boat can would be much better but more expensive and harder to mount.

Thank You Sponsors!