iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sky scenes  

Started by Bibbyman, February 15, 2003, 08:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandhills

My wife and I agree it's the second picture, but we've been known to be wrong more than right  ;D (she just said "you maybe"  ::)).  I have a picture just like that, that I took of a lake in Alaska while we were boating into the cabin, very pretty country to say he least.  Did you get any fishing in along the way?

Magicman

No, no fishing, just "touristing".

There is a 50% chance that your picture guess is correct.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ianab

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Wildflower

This was the sky from my school bus this morning as I was waiting for the school to let the kids in.
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

fishpharmer

Really neat shot of the sunrise, amazing colors that sure contrast the white snow.

Ianab, intresting picture.

Thanks for sharing.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

LIL

Quote from: fishpharmer on November 21, 2014, 09:40:49 AM

Ianab, intresting picture.

Thanks for sharing.

Fishfarmer I took that picture at work - I wasn't sure I was quite seeing what I did.  The photo just doesn't do it justice, the colours were beautiful.   I come home and was talking to Ian about it, and googled it, turns out it's an iridescent cloud. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_iridescence

Feeling blessed to have seen it :)

LIL

Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

curdog

Here's a shot from behind the house the other day.

sawguy21

Sunrises and sunsets make incredible pictures. I was driving north to work the other day, the sun was just coming up and catching the tops of the peaks. I wanted so badly to stop and take a picture but the drivers behind me on the bridge would not have seen the humor in it. ::)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

mesquite buckeye

Sun pillar in the sunset at Tucson tonight. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

coxy

that is some neat stuff you have out there  :)

thecfarm

That makes my eyes hurt. That is some bright and pretty.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

;D

Did you see this one from a while ago? 6 rainbows. The 6th one is the ordinary double one not shown. ???

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mesquite buckeye

Venus and Mercury in the fading light of sunset this evening. Mercury is down and to the right, faintly visible. Look quick before it gets dark. Tomorrow Mercury should be higher than Venus.

;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Roxie

Say when

mesquite buckeye

mesquite buckeye

Iridescent clouds yesterday.

thecfarm

That would get me to stop and enjoy the view.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

coxy

you shur do have some weird stuff going on out there    but its nice  :)

trapper

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on January 14, 2015, 10:54:40 AM
Iridescent clouds yesterday.

Hope some of that is around when my wife and I are out there the last half of february.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

mesquite buckeye

They are most common during the cool part of the year. ;D

I have been seeing them a lot lately. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

purple otter

Sunrise over Buffalo, NY from the ice on the Niagara River.

Hudson Oscar 228 on homebuilt trailer, Kubota B2320 with homebuilt forks,Stihl 028 Super & 029 Super, Solar Kiln .

Roxie

The sky looks frozen.   :)
Say when

mesquite buckeye

Magicman

That is a pretty picture but you need your coat on to look at it.  I agree with Roxie. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!