iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Photos

Started by jim king, January 21, 2012, 10:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim king

I cannot post photos today, it sas I am blocked.  What do I do ??

shelbycharger400

ya know,,, its been weird
few weeks ago..their is 2 ways to post a picture on the forum..neither worked for me.
today i had to go back into my gallery twice before it would show up and let me get the tab to work to post picture to the forum .    maybe jeff is doing work on it?

jim king

I dont know what I did but it is working again.

beenthere

Quote from: jim king on January 21, 2012, 10:52:29 AM
I cannot post photos today, it sas I am blocked.  What do I do ??

Jeff said he is working on it in this message. Might have missed that before starting a new thread Jim.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,23851.msg804280.html#msg804280
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

When looking at the Gallery just a bit ago, and taking head that it was mentioned some wrong time stamps, I noticed a software setting that I had not saw before on setting the software time in relation to GMT.  I went ahead and did that. It may have been the problem with posting a photo as well. I could see where the software time stamped a session cookie, and then that cookie not jiving with your computer.

Just a guess, so we'll see if it makes a difference for those that have had an issue.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Norm

I noticed something was off with the cookies. I'd post and then see my post as a "new" icon. Seems to have fixed this.

Jeff

Part of that, related to the forum could be the new caching system that I implemented on the server to speed things up and reduce server loads. Every page on the forum is dynamically produced. If you can cache page data that needs to be returned again and again in an almost identical form, and only rely on the server to supply the new content to the data request (page), loads can be greatly reduced. I think sometimes there can be a misstep between the original query for a page, the call to the server, the call to the cashed data on the server, the cached data in your browser, and the returned data to your browser. 

At least that's my theory. :D

If you feel Geeky,  http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.apc.php
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WH_Conley

Bill