iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Special customer today.

Started by Bruno of NH, July 14, 2018, 04:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

I had a customer reach out to me the other day on FB market place about some lumber I had on for sale.
They said they would be coming from 2.5 hours away in Massachusetts.
She showed up at 11:00 a United States Military Veteran of the war in Afghanistan.
She is an emt/firefighter and part time police officer studying to be a nurse.
She is also still in the army reserves.
I couldn't tell at first.
She had lost one of her legs in the Afghan war.
It just hit me hard at that point.
I thanked her for her service and sacrafice for our country.
I gave her a discount on all the lumber for being a veteran and shook her hand and thanked her.
A one heck of a thing for a 28 year old person.
Some times I feel I have lived a tough life.
Days like today tell me not.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

barbender

Thanks for the story, it's pretty humbling.
Too many irons in the fire

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sawmilllawyer

Thanks for sharing. Stories like that make me realize that there are some good people out there. Good on you Bruno.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

Magicman

Thank You Bruno for sharing your experience.  You are a good man and I am proud to be your friend.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sealark37

Makes a sore knee seem pretty small, eh?

Bruno of NH

Yes it does.
My knee hurts but I still have one.
I feel for these people that have lost so much.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Crossroads

Way to go! I don't typically ask, but if i find out that my customers have served, they get a 10% discount.
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

thecfarm

Two special people was at your mill.
Good for you!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

moodnacreek

Some times the real profit in working for yourself are meeting people , like this lady, who have paid for our well being and freedom. You handled it well, thanks for the story.

Wudman

We have a coach in the local high school that is about the same age.  He lost a leg when an RPG hit his vehicle in Iraq.  Great guy.  He didn't let it slow him down.

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Sixacresand

Sadly, when you see people who lost limbs in a war, they might be dealing with the fact that soldiers with them died.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!