iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone built a logging arch

Started by WV_hillbilly, October 09, 2002, 01:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV_hillbilly

Has anyone built a logging arch that could be pulled by 4 wheeler. I was at the Paul Bunyon show and seen some but I can't shell out the money right now. I have the shop equipment to build one . I was wondering if there were any plans availiable or information to shorten my learning/building curve.

Thanks,

Hillbilly ???
Hillbilly

Kevin

I had a local welder build my arch because I couldn`t locate one that had skis.
I use it behind the snowmachine and it works great.

Kevin_H.

I have always thought that one of the arches they use to move the big propane yard tanks would work great to move logs. If you could find one cheap.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Bro. Noble

We had an old flail type manure spreader that wore/rusted out----wasn't good for sh**.  Kept the wheels and frame thinking it might make a log trailer but decided against it.  If you turned it down-side-up it might make an arch.  I'd be easy to talk out of it.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

WV_hillbilly

Thats a nice looking unit Kevin. I 've seen the posts of ity before and couldn't find them again.

Kevin_H                                                                                     that's a good idea .I never really thought about that type of equipment . Around here there are a few burial vault manufacturers that have arches similar to that also . I will have to look around for them and see what is availiable.

Noble

thats mighty neighborly of you but I don't think the wife would like the road trip part. As I usually end up bringing more home than she bargained for..Maybe I could find one around here.

Hillbilly  

Hillbilly
Hillbilly

Thank You Sponsors!