cutting with lucas mill

Started by j78blake, March 29, 2018, 01:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j78blake

the vertical cut is not matching up with the horizontal cut anymore. it's off by a 1/6 of an inch.  :-\

starmac

I can offer no help, but want to see the answer also, as this is something I have wondered about on these mills.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

thecfarm

Welcome to the forum.
Just guessing,got a tooth out of whack? When did this all start to happen?
I have only seen them at a show.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

j78blake

It's not the blade. Or the teeth. This has been going on since last fall. We quit milling in the winter. Enough to be aggravating.  ::)

Don P

It's almost always the log moving, tension being released. Can you move over a little more on the horizontal cut to release it? Take a couple of light cuts that are too small to release any tension, just to "prove" whether the lines are meeting.

Dakota

What Don P said.  Mine moved a little like that after the first 5 or 6 years.  I got out the manual and readjusted the blade settings, and that cured the problem.
Dave Rinker

dgdrls

Quote from: j78blake on March 29, 2018, 01:43:37 PM
the vertical cut is not matching up with the horizontal cut anymore. it's off by a 1/6 of an inch.  :-\
The vertical cut is not deep enough or misses the horizontal cut left or right ??
D

Lucas_USA

Quote from: j78blake on March 29, 2018, 06:59:04 PM
It's not the blade. Or the teeth. This has been going on since last fall. We quit milling in the winter. Enough to be aggravating.  ::)
I would try a new blade before making adjustments. If you have had your blades retipped its important to keep in mind the tip to tip diameter is crucial to match up your cuts. If you are certain it isn't the blade I can send you an instructional DVD that goes over the adjustments you might need to make.

j78blake

That would be great. Po Box NKI
Ketchikan, AK. 99950
Much appreciated!

Lucas_USA

Quote from: j78blake on April 09, 2018, 11:45:07 AM
That would be great. Po Box NKI
Ketchikan, AK. 99950
Much appreciated!
Sure PM me your mills serial number and I will get one on its way free of charge.