iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodland Mills trailer build

Started by SETexan, October 05, 2021, 08:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SETexan

I was able to get the axle on and get it flipped and started priming the frame. I will hopefully have some of the mill together this weekend after I finish painting the house. And I still have to make time to hit the woods for some backstrap!

HM130MAX on home built trailer
L3940 Kubota

RAYAR

Mount the mill frame/tracks directly to the frame. You will start with your trailer frame leveled. It will always level up with your stabilizer jacks when you set up afterwards.
mobile manual mill (custom build) (mods & additions on-going)
Custom built auto band sharpener (currently under mods)
Husqvarna 50, 61, 254XP (and others)
96 Polaris Sportsman 500
2006 Ranger 4X2 w/cap, manual trans (431,000 Km)

SETexan

Just a little progress update. We got the rails mounted and should be able to get the rails leveled and bolted out tomorrow. Then start on the mill head itself. I gotta clear some room in my shop for oil change and rotations but I always seem to be short on time 🤔 

L3940 Kubota

SETexan

I finally got around to working on my winch mount for loading bigger logs. I'm limited to around 1,100lbs. with my tractor so I cut some 5X5 white oak ramps and had a free winch(2,000lb.) with some square tubing and come up with this.

The log is 10'-8" 22" on the small end and 24" on the large. Has been down for a year but still plenty heavy. I was worried about the winch and the tubing as it's 1/8" wall. The winch never cut out or sounded like it was maxed and the tubing held up great. I was checking the frame when I started winching but it didn't move at all. It's the factory location for their manual winch setup so I figured it would be ok. There is a little slack between the two pieces of tubing which does cause it to tilt some. I also have the winch plate welded on 20 degrees down which seems to be a little to much for this size log but I'll probably go with it for now. 
L3940 Kubota

VB-Milling

That's how I do it!  Working well so far!  8)
HM126

Thank You Sponsors!