iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chris and Al's Two Blokes & A Lucas Mill Tour U.S.A.

Started by Meadows Miller, April 12, 2011, 08:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo picker

Thought I would get this bumped to the top again...Chris is here in North Miss. at present staying here at the house for a few days...He got a chance to use the Cooks a little the first day here...He was cutting a big white oak for picinic table and chairs for my wife...It has been down a while and was just about as hard as the proveribable rock... :D  I have a few pic's of our adventures so far...but havent got them on the comp. so far...Taylertractor nut came by the first day, unexpectedly....and then we went to his place Sat. morning an toured around...he has a bunch of nice toys...machine shop related...might be good to keep in mind....He can tell you more if he wants too....Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

barbender

Have any of you watched the movie "The World's Fastest Indian"? There are some similarities to Chris' adventure, it was about a Kiwi that came t :Po the states to race his Indian motorcycle on the Bonneville salt flats. In one scene he was taking a car for a test drive and was driving on the wrong side of the road, in Los Angeles. The salesman riding with him gave him some advice after a near head on collision. He said "No matter where you are in the world, the driver is always in the middle of the road."
Too many irons in the fire

Magicman

Meadows Miller, Chris, will be at my place September 23rd & 24th:

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,52840.0.html

I've just gotta find him something BIG to saw.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Taylortractornut

As Banjo Picker  mentioned   I stopped by to see if I could unload some logs from the landfill this week on him.     He introduced me to Chris.    Im  still new at  sawing and between the 2 it was  like  getting a free college  education on sawing.        The  white oak log they sawed  was absolutely beautiful to see it go from  landfill to lumber.      I lent a hand in offbearing lol.           
Chris  then gave me some most excelent advice on how to build a powered  off bearing chute with a kicker for a circle mill. 

The next day when they stopped by I was on the 991 Pasquali   flail mowing  2 months  of  unkept  yard.     I got Tim to drive it around and  then we went through the messy shop lol.     

Chris gave me some much needed and  much apreciated  advice on building a chainsaw mill.    We got on the subject of old machinery an trucks that was a  great learning experience to.     We passed by  some of the alder cutoff stakes that  we get fro mthe cabinet shop at work.   We were talking about using them for stickers around a mill.   

I said something about I wished there was something that could be made from them instead of   landfilling them.   Chris shot us the idea of glueing them together and running them throught a planer and   making bench tops. 

Chris and Tim I thouroughly enjoyed the  visits and the  great much needed advice. 
My overload permit starts after sunset

hampton

Hello  I'm in mass. and I have two logs that are too big for my mill and I need to cut them so I can handle them My imm is a cook hd3238 and can handle a 32" log  but only 22" between guides  one log is a 54" large end redwood  and the other is a 36" mulberry   Both customers want lumber for furniture

thanks hampton 

sigidi

Sorry to all those great forum members I missed out on meeting - had a bit of trouble with the separation and my kids so had to pull the pin on the trip and take care of things with them, I sure would have liked to have come over with Chris - would have been the ducks guts I reckon.

Keep up the good work mate ;D 8)
Always willing to help - Allan

Banjo picker

I belive you would have had a good time....Not all work you know

We went over into Alabama Sat. night to the Rattlesnake Saloon...Had a good meal and some refreshment  smiley_beertoast smiley_beertoast  ...This place is really neat..its a rock overhang...they had a couple guy ent...that did a wide varity of material...Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Thank You Sponsors!