iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Daily Firewood Picture Thread

Started by mike_belben, May 09, 2021, 11:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

Roundtoit Day.

And kindling in my bottleneck after if I have the stamina. 

HemlockKing

Quote from: Mooseherder on July 23, 2021, 10:28:00 AM
Roundtoit Day.

And kindling in my bottleneck after if I have the stamina.

Working hard or hardly workin MH? Pitter patter!!  :D
A1

Mooseherder

DanG it! Thunder shower rolled in.  BREAK TIME  :D

BrushSaw

Rented a diesel dyna SC 15 to put up firewood this year.... impressed to say the least. Bigger live deck would of been better for some real pole wood but it worked slick.
can't have anything nice...

mudfarmer

Too wet to do much but clearing saw work in the woods and raining again/still. Did a bunch of work to the saws during nights last week so perfect morning to work up some firewood!

One of the whacks that came out during thinning over the winter.

Side note I do not know why my luck with Briggs motors is such garbage but this predator has been badly abused for years now and even though it has not been fired up in months and I had to track the primer bulb down because a goose stole it, it fires right up every time. Really upending notions of what is "commonly known" to be low vs high quality and I despise HF

DeerMeadowFarm

Quote from: mudfarmer on July 29, 2021, 11:38:47 AM
Side note I do not know why my luck with Briggs motors is such garbage but this predator has been badly abused for years now and even though it has not been fired up in months and I had to track the primer bulb down because a goose stole it, it fires right up every time. Really upending notions of what is "commonly known" to be low vs high quality and I despise HF
"I had to track the primer bulb down because a goose stole it..." OK, whaaaat?
I have one predator motor that I am using on my saw buck upgrade and I have to say that although I haven't used it for cutting (still testing and building) I was impressed when I added oil to the engine, gas, and it started on the first pull!

Tacotodd

DMF, I'm wondering the same thing  say_what
Trying harder everyday.

mike_belben

I have a vtwin predator that sat in the box new for 6 years (worth double now!) So long the box fell apart.  And same thing.   Instantly fired up and idled great.

I am lucky if the host of old american small engines i have fires half the time and thats with regular use and maintenance.  Got a briggs vtwin apart right now.. Plastic starter bendix with no teeth.  Cmon guys.  Plastic starter gear?  Its a lawn mower not a lego toy. 
Praise The Lord

Tacotodd

Yeah, I've wondered the same thing. At the very least they should be made from brass. Maybe there is a market for such.?
Trying harder everyday.

cutterboy

Quote from: mudfarmer on July 29, 2021, 11:38:47 AM
 I had to track the primer bulb down because a goose stole it, 
:D :D :D
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

mudfarmer

Hah, yeah small flock of domestic geese, they will chew on everything and steal any loose bits. If it isn't loose give it time they will figure it out! A big red rubber primer bulb just begs to get popped off and run around with.

DeerMeadowFarm

Quote from: mudfarmer on July 30, 2021, 09:48:31 AM
Hah, yeah small flock of domestic geese, they will chew on everything and steal any loose bits. If it isn't loose give it time they will figure it out! A big red rubber primer bulb just begs to get popped off and run around with.
:D :D :D

mike_belben

Cows got the kill switch wiring on my splitter. 
Praise The Lord

Arctiva

Just got the last big silver maple tree that fell 2 years ago cut and split and here comes more. Sitting having morning coffe dead calm heard a snap and the house shake look outside Literally just missed the old beater snowmobile. 

Mooseherder

jimbarry

Hitting the workout routine again today. Trying to do average a cord a day.

jimbarry

mike_belben

Nice rig.  

Is that an electric bed raising 3 cord?  
Praise The Lord

jimbarry

Quote from: mike_belben on August 21, 2021, 07:49:52 PM
Nice rig.  

Is that an electric bed raising 3 cord?  
Hydraulic scissor lift.

HemlockKing

I'm still looking for a dump truck for firewood, although rather 1'ton so I can get it further into my woods. That's a nice rig, didn't realize you were in NS Jim, cheers from another scotian. 
A1

rjwoelk

Jim what make of picker do you have mounted on the truck?
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Wood Shed

Got back at it today after leaving the saws alone since April.  Temps were right at 70 degrees with low humidity, only worked a few hours but it's a start.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." -Greek Proverb

GRANITEstateMP

forgot the before pick, but this is the after.  Did 3 cord yesterday, now it's time to reload the brow.

Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

jimbarry

Quote from: rjwoelk on August 22, 2021, 12:03:23 PM
Jim what make of picker do you have mounted on the truck?
Palms 3.4. Sorry I didn't answer sooner, I am not set up to get notifications on this thread.

jimbarry

Cut, cracked and crated 256 cu ft today.  Good day for it, warm but a strong breeze from the south, mostly overcast with the occasional sprinkle of rain.

Thank You Sponsors!