iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats the best method for drying large slabs on a budget

Started by urbanlumberinc, August 22, 2006, 11:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

Hi Mark,

The numbers don't sound right. The cooling water system isn't included because many people are planning more kilns and it is economical to put a bigger system up front. A cooling system for a 1.25 cost less than $3000.

A vacuum grab to lift the plates is recommended for big kilns or multiple kiln installations. We have never sold one for the short plates of the 1.25. Two guys can easily build the kiln charge.

The last 1.25 that we sold included a propane boiler. I don't remember the cost but it was around $2000.

Installation cost anywhere from $400 plus expenses to $2000 plus expenses depending on how much you want to do yourself. Some customers have done everything themselves but we now say we do start up and that cost $400 plus travel expenses.

Den

Ga_Boy

Den,

My pricing allowed the use of an outdoor wood furnance.  The cost of the furnance and parts to bring it online is around $10K.  I also allowed for the cost of the gantry crain, I work alone most of the time.  Dependable help is hard to come by in my area, I have a bum back, (thanks to a US Navy Surgeon).  I do not remember the cost info on the condenser and chiller unit. 

The number that stuck in my head was to buy the kiln, the needed suport systems and bring the system online was kicking $150K.....
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Thank You Sponsors!