iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A level drying area

Started by REGULAR GUY, January 07, 2013, 12:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REGULAR GUY

Howdy all......Happy New Year!!       I'm tryin to get a level dryin area (in the woods, hills and hollers) close to the mill for a temporary time (coupla months), that is cheap as possible. No concrete slabs or piers that would cost bucks. I'm thinkin  2" x 12" (or so) spaced apart, leveled up by 6" x 6" ( or so), vertical in the ground ..for saggin??  Throw a roof over and call it quits!! This is only for structual lumber, roof rafters, floor joists etc.  Any hillbilly ingenuity would be appreciated.  Hope ya'll are doin good and safe New Year.
Regular Guy.

thecfarm

I would just crib it up than put the 2X12 to it. But my ground is hard digging too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

REGULAR GUY

thecfarm, thanks for the reply. I'm gonna embarrass myself by askin what "cribbin it up" means, I think I get ya but wanna make sure. I'm new at this .           Regular Guy

thecfarm

The only way to know is to ask. We have all been new. This place is real good,we don't pick on the news ones.just the old ones.    :D  I will try to explain,putting down 6X6 or whatever size,one way and than turn them the other way,like Lincoln Log building.
It's also in the FF dictionary. Click on to Extras,kinda at the top,than Foresty Forum Dictionary, go to the "C"s,go to Crib,click onto crib.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

REGULAR GUY

thecfarm, Gotcha, and thanks again. Regular Guy

Thank You Sponsors!