iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chainsaw Storage

Started by Deadwood, November 24, 2005, 07:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadwood

I'm kind of a neat freak I guess you would say. I like everything to be in it's place, and now that I am married to a Elementery School Teacher, that level of organization has only increased.

I'm building a new shed, I would like to keep my chainsaws and chainsaw gear in one spot, neatly organized. I tried hanging the saw from a hook, but I really don't like that arrangment so I was wondering how other people on here store their chainsaws and chainsaw equipment? Shelves? Racks? Etc.

My shed has both wall space I can use and a ceiling overhead. I would like to store just my main saw (046 Stilhl) and some gas and oil jugs, 2 stroke oil, an axe, hardhat and gloves and felling wedges... just so you get an idea of my chainsaw equipment consists of. Any novel ideas would be great.

beenthere

I remember when you wrote and said your new bride 'removed' it from the entry way in your house. Bummer  :)

I was reminded of your plight this past weekend when visiting my son, and saw his Stihl setting just inside the entry door amongst the boots and shoes.  :)  Wait'll he gets married.

I only have two, and seem to like them where I can see them, as that is usually where they end up. Otherwise in a cupboard under my bench (usually an empty spot where they should be  ;D  ).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

fishhuntcutwood

Well, I'm single so I store/display my saws in my living room.   For your needs, anywhere off the cement floor, in a dry place where they won't get knocked around.  Simple shelve usually work well.

Jeff
MS 200T
MS 361
440 Mag
460 Mag
056 MII
660 Mag

rebocardo

Buy a metal cabinet with shelves wide enough where you can place the chain saw right in it without taking the bar and chain off. The prefab ones are 42wx18dx72h, usually have four shelves, and cost $199 at northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company. You can buy ones you can put together at Graingers (cost more too) . The plus about the cabinets is that it prevents smash and grabs inside the garabe/shed, especially if you use an additional hasp and good lock so even if they remove the hinges they can not get at the contents.

Then the safety aspect of having the gas and oil locked in a cabinet is good too, especially in a garage.

Thank You Sponsors!