iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New saw for the grandson to use

Started by Ford_man, January 23, 2010, 08:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford_man

I just bought a new MS 180 Stihl and a new set of chaps for my grandson as he wants to help with the wood cutting. I took him to the woods today and I was real impressed with the performance of the little saw and how safety minded he was. Now if I could only fall a tree without it hanging up in another tree  >:( >:(

JohnG28

I have some woods behind my house that I have the same problem with, very overcrowded, nowhere for a tree to fall without hanging up, luckily theyre not huge trees, mostly 40-50 ft tall, smaller dia trees, but I plan on thinning in the spring, i too have a new stihl, 361(actually picking it up this week)...your grandson is a lucky young man, great to start a collection at an early age, wish I could have myself
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Ford_man

I also  have an 041 farm boss and an MS 260 that I use  but after using the little 180 I just might use it a bit more  :D :D

JohnG28

The only other saw I have is a husky 142, actually a poulan rebadged, that I have used around the yard, limbing and the like, even done some felling out back with it, and its been a good saw, but I cant wait to start using the 361,hear nothing but good about them...I live in upstate ny, and we have snow, though not much, but I plan on getting some time in next weekend to see how she runs, waiting impatiently for next paycheck...I have a feeling the saw bug will get me good after this and who knows what I might look for next
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

des170stihl

Great choice on a New saw.  I have a 170 and it,s a great saw. I,m not surprised to see Stihl put so much saw in a little package.
STIHL MS170* STIHL MS260 Pro* STIHL MS 230* ECHO CS 341* Husky 339 XP * Wallenstein 20 Ton Splitter* Massey Ferguson 1528 w/Grapple ( Skidder Wanna Be ).

TessiersFarm

A Couple of years ago my father just had to have a 180, we bought it and he loves it.  He is in his sixties now and has a bad back, mostly runs the Tractor and farm winch but occasionally limbs a little and cuts a long log or 2.  I even find myself grabbing it when I am bush hogging and working fencelines.  Real good saw for the money.
Stihl E14, 180, 026, 036, 361, 045
Husky 266, 372, 394
Dolmar 111

Thank You Sponsors!