iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cam follower bearings

Started by Dan_Shade, January 10, 2020, 10:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NaySawyer

I upgraded the lower cam follower brackets on my 93 lt40 to that style.  I just set the head down lightly on the travel support and unbolted the bracket, removed bearing, installed new bearing, and installed bracket.  Then repeated on other bracket.  Sadly the saw needs to be recalibrated after.

Dan_Shade

Yeah, that's what I was trying to avoid. 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

NaySawyer

Sorry Bud .. once the bearings are apple cored like yours there is no choice as the effective diameters are different.  The uppers did not look too good either.

Dam_Shame .. lol

Magicman

Dan, I just noted that I replaced my lower cam followers in November, 2010, so the mill was 12 years old and had sawn 2 million bf.  That was 13 years ago and the mill has now chalked up another 2 million bf soooo..... smiley_headscratch

No, I ain't replacing them until one fails but I always have 4-6 on my truck.  If/when one fails I will limp back in and do the replacement here rather than at a customer's site.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dan_Shade

It looks like yours has 4 total on the bottom?  Mine looks like it only has 2 (one under each vertical post).

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Magicman

Yup, I noticed in your pdf in your Reply #21, that you only had one.  

After I replaced mine Bob told me that I only needed to put one cam follower in each assembly.  Probably only one is actually in contact anyway.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Crossroads

If you don't mess with the inside lock nuts and only remove the outside nuts, the adjustments to get it realigned will be minimal, but necessary. If you move the inside nuts, you'll be starting from scratch. 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Magicman

Since I am taking a "slow down/time out" from sawing, this would be a good time for me to crawl under my sawmill and take a look at mine.  Especially after my Reply #28 above tells me that I have not seen them in 13 years.  ::)

Dan_Shade

I swapped the bottom ones today, I'll tackle the alignment soon. 

Thank You Sponsors!