iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How can I be so stupid

Started by woodmills1, Yesterday at 02:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

I have been thinking for months that my 2005 Woodmizer LT70 is beginning to loose its luster.  Yesterday a good friend who is a long time VW and Toyota technician was here.  When I started the mill he said, that starter really turns slow.   I responded with, it has been that way for a long time.   After lunch I tried to start the mill and no go, at one point I even lost the red lights that come on with the key.  Thinking of my friend I went to the battery.  Negative terminal was loose, fixed but still no lights.  Checked the positive and the big red wire pulled right out of the terminal.  AS I said, how can I be so stupid.  
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

doc henderson

It is easy!  for one thing.   ffcheesy   I did the same thing.  I was even a little rude to the WM tech that tested and told me the battery was normal and good.  Had to apologize.  the wire made a sparky sound when I wiggled it so gave it a pull test.  same thing.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Digger Don

I have no doubt that we have all done something similar. We should all learn from that, that we should check the simple, and inexpensive, stuff first.
Timberking B20, Magnatrac 5000, Case 36B mini excavator

Thank You Sponsors!