iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

alittle sawdust on the mill

Started by jaysaint, March 01, 2016, 09:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaysaint

after waiting 3 weeks  finally got to make some sawdust tonight with the lt10, just squared up a black locust  because it was the only thing i could wrangle by hand and was not  out in the mud.       I felt a bit guilty getting that new paint wet and dirty.  it's going to be a long week... sigh.
grandburg mill,  stihl 066 husky 562 xp,  felling axe    oh also lt 10

Magicman

Congrats on "first sawdust".   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

J,

Congrats on the new mill.

What are you planning on using the locust for? I used some recently for the poles to build my lumber shed. I'd square 1,2 and sometimes 3 sides depending on where the pole was used.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

jaysaint

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on March 01, 2016, 10:42:13 PM
J,

Congrats on the new mill.

What are you planning on using the locust for? I used some recently for the poles to build my lumber shed. I'd square 1,2 and sometimes 3 sides depending on where the pole was used.
we use the locust for fence posts unless they are to big or crooked then it makes great firewood.  I was desperate to cut something,  i will be cutting doug fir mostly with some cedar mixed in as well
grandburg mill,  stihl 066 husky 562 xp,  felling axe    oh also lt 10

starmac

I know exactly how you feel. When I first got mine I backed it into the shop to service it (used) and HAD to cut something. I looked around and spied a piece of 4x4 dunnage. lol When that went away I went and scrounged a 12 in spruce log and whittled it to nothing, cut some boards thin enough to see through them. All I knew about a mill I had read right here on this forum, but learned one thing well that first day. I will never cut anything inside the shop again, I like to never got rid of all the sawdust. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

isawlogs

:D :D :D

Man needs to do what needs be done to get the sawdust flowin'!!!   8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!