iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

660 high output oiler

Started by tlbrooks, September 28, 2015, 07:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlbrooks

my local stihl dealer said he was only aware of the stock oiler on my 660.he said the high output oiler would be a aftermarket oiler.he said if I got a high output oiler part no he could order one but he was not able to get a number off the computer.is the oiler still being made ? the number I have found are old #1122 640 3205 new number           1122 640 3201. does anyone know if these are current and available today? my 25 inch bar is getting hot and dry on a big oak I was cutting. thanks for any help.

ZeroJunk

DaveP

TLBROOKS do you have a dual port muffler on your 660?  Makes it a lot more saw.  May have to adjust the carb a little but, gives it even more power.

Davep

tlbrooks

I should put one on it. I did a home hack job by drilling out the inside cage and opening up the outlet a quit a bit. I had to readjust the carb. it does a lot better than the stock saw when I got it. I couldn't believe how low of power it was stock.

JohnG28

I agree, it was a real disappointment to me as well until opening up the cage and adding a dual port muffler. I have a paper copy of the island at home I can look at but it appears you have your answer already. I have had to take part numbers to some shops before when they couldn't find it. I don't use them anymore.  :D
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

joe_indi

You really dont need to replace the whole pump. Just replacing the pump piston and control bolt (adjusting screw) with the high output versions would do.
Part Numbers:
1122 647 0602 pump piston
1128 647 4802 control bolt

tlbrooks

would the bolt and piston be a big job to replace?also my pump body bolt stop is stripped but I just leave it wide open all the time.

joe_indi

Quote from: tlbrooks on October 01, 2015, 07:22:42 PM
would the bolt and piston be a big job to replace?
Not a big job, if you know how. Can you get the clutch off the saw? If you can do that, two screws need to be removed for takking out the oil pump.
You will need a 2-3mm drift to tap out a locking pin (I made my own drift out of a broken drill bit)
The rest of the removal is fairly simple.

Quote from: tlbrooks on October 01, 2015, 07:22:42 PM
.. I just leave it wide open all the time.
"Wide open" as in several turns out? Or did you turn the adjuster screw so that its "minus' is across the length of the pump, as in this picture?

tlbrooks

I  took the pump out the other day and made sure it was wide open. I didn't study it over to see how it came apart  to replace the piston or bolt. I wasn't aware of the pump update till your post so thanks for the pic and info. ill see if my dealer can get those parts.

Thank You Sponsors!