iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Can't view profiles?

Started by morgoon, September 01, 2010, 02:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morgoon

Many apologies, but you can't view just any profile.

I keep getting this error code

I am using a laptop that is microsoft office 2000 ready...not very current I know gonna have to upgrade our big machine very soon

I lowered my firewall some and still got the same message

any ideas would be great

regards

Morgan
Homemade bandsaw, made by my mentor and dear friend Unto...who turned 85 this year

And I just made my first longbow...awesome

SwampDonkey

Jeff may have had parts "down" for a time trying to research a spam problem.

Do you have Java loaded on your machine?
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ianab

Yes, I think that access to new members viewing profiles was turned off a while back while Jeff was sorting out some spam issues. Make a few more posts and the problem should go away.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

morgoon

Ok Thanks guys

guess I am going to have to quit lurking and jump in.. ;D
Homemade bandsaw, made by my mentor and dear friend Unto...who turned 85 this year

Warbird

Welcome aboard.  :)  There are many advantages to being a contributing member here.  Lots of good folks to get to know.

Enjoy!

Jeff

Yes, for now, you have to make a certain amount of posts to see profiles.  You'll need both hands to count how many, but not both your feet.  ;)

This was done for security reasons. It may be a royal pain for people that don't post, but its a necessary evil in this day and age.  You see we manually screen registrations before we admit them to the forum. We make them give us a reason for joining to make sure its a legitimate registration, and not a spammer or worse. We check I.P. numbers and email addresses. and even may google the username given if its unique, to see if we see anything negative somewhere else.  The problem is, the unwanted are getting brighter and sometimes give a reason for joining that would seem legitimate. We've had a couple get in. If that happens, we wanted another layer of security between them and you.  Odds are, if they open their mouth to post a couple times to get past the post limit, they will obviously show themselves as what they are.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

morgoon

I don't have to wonder at all as to why we need an insulating layer of protection from all the "bad boards" out there  :D thanks for that Jeff and crew

In my time of simply reading I have come to respect many members here, and appreciate all the info and hard work it takes to make this place as great as it is

I have a million things to do today, but I think i will just go work on my mill so I can finally get around to posting the intro post I need to do

Thanks again for the help

Morgan