iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

River Otter visits

Started by Mooseherder, November 03, 2009, 07:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ErikC

I was steelhead fishing last year about this time, and having no luck. I saw an otter after a while, come up with a fish about 6 or 7 inches, and disappear under a little rock pile. He came right out and went back into the river. I walked down to his hide-out, and there were a half-dozen matching trout just laying there in the shade under those rocks, lined up the way a person would do. I figured the fish were probably spooked out of that hole and moved on. ::)
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Just Me

They are fun to watch, I will say that. My wife and I snuck up on a pair last year when we were snowshoeing. They did not apparently see us. They were running up a hill and sliding down on their bellys. We watched for about twenty minutes and they were still doing it when we moved on. One of those days when you wish you had a movie camera.

Never had a bear dog get into it with one, thats interesting.

I like to fish, so you can guess what I think of them as a whole.

Water rats.....

isawlogs

They are cute and a hoot to watch slide down into the water and all around playing, but I do like to see them hanging on a coat hanger best.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

chain

Went down to the lake today with interest to fish for crappie in this warm spell. The otter continue to use the dock for a table and they had neatly arranged the heads of three large buffalo fish between the planking. Also, some otter still seem to be rutting as new scent piles, latrines, and scratchings were readily visbile. Some otter now are beginning to move out of their winter quarters hunting the smaller field ditches and other shallows for crawfish.

Thank You Sponsors!