iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hey raider bill!

Started by Dan_Shade, June 07, 2011, 08:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starmac

I don't have a bike at all now, well there is one here that I can ride when I want to, but I no longer own one. I got a moped when I was 9 years old and had some sort of bike or bikes for years, put 80,000 on one and 30,000 thousand or so on several more, and I have never  ever had a motorcycle endorsement. I have had a ticket or two for it over the years, but always told them I have a class A cdl, I am not getting any extra license to ride a bicycle, that got me of the hook 99% of the time. Now that need for speed deal you mentioned, nothing I have found gets you off the hook with the boys in blue, and I pretty much tried every thing a guy can imagine.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

gspren

In the "way back" late 60s through 70s I had numerous BSAs, a 500 and the rest were 650s with a 650 Hornet being the speed demon. I keep thinking about a Harley trike because of my bad ankle that may be attributed to a Bultaco Matador. I actually do still have a motorcycle, a 1970 Honda CT 90 that will do 35 on the level but doesn't get far from home. Now back to thinking trike with one wheel out front.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

DR_Buck

Quote from: coxy on March 12, 2018, 05:57:00 PM
.... she has been telling me how much she likes the can ams  so i think its a hint   she said she would buy one 8) 8)

Coxy time to jump before her mind is changed.    I have a 2012 CanAm.    There is a link near the top of this thread where I replied that has some details on it.    In 2014 CanAm changed the design and came out with a new engine.   I know of lots of people that either upgraded to the new model or just went and bought it as their first one.    I like the looks and reviews of the new models but I have way to much after market customization in my 2012 to even think of replacing it.     I did take a short 80 mile ride a few weeks ago but not that we have started on prepping for our new addition on the house riding will be minimal.

This is both of us during Rolling Thunder......

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Peter Drouin

Snow will be gone soon, My bar hopper,

1200, 48, It will snap your head back. :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Weekend_Sawyer

Gotta love them sportsters!
I'd like to have another one but I'd look like a hairless circus bear on one.

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

woodmaker

Screaming Eagle FLHTC,  Evo FLHTP, FXDX, but now mostly ride the classic.The way the weather is going here,I may have to get snow tires to ride this year.
franklin q80,builtrite 40,husky 372,sachs dolmar 123, dozers,excavators,loaders,tri-axle dump trucks ,autocar tractor with dump,flatbed and detachable trailers, and 8  f350 diesels

Raider Bill

150k on a bike  :o has it been rebuilt or is it original motor         this is a dumb question   but how old where some of you when you got your motorcycle license   i love to ride but my trouble is i have the need for speed and I'm forbidden to have a bike till i grow up so i can get a license    i had a good wreck on a road bike turned in to  dirt bike picked gravel out of my      for 3 days then it go infected was not pretty so the other half said when i grow up i can get a bike  :'(       she has been telling me how much she likes the can ams  so i think its a hint   she said she would buy one 8) 8)
Aside from replacing the timing chain with gear to gear the only thing I've done to that bike is normal maintenance.
2 of the shovelheads have been totally rebuilt, my 84 which I've had since 86 has had the top end done twice and the transmission once. The 84 has at least 150k miles on her and probably much more more but she eats speedos up so [4 so far] I lost count of the miles and am not very good at replacing them right away. Actually I've been without one now again for about a year.
My truck sits for weeks without use as my go to ride is a bike. Luckily I can ride year round except between now till the week after Easter we are up to our neck in snowbirds that keep trying to kill us. Week after Easter we get our streets back.
I got my MC license in 74 and pretty much have owned a HD ever since the first being a 53 Panhead then a 72 Shovel, 84 Shovel[the raider bike] which I still have and the 03 Road King. In the same time several more have come and gone but these have been my riders.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Corley5

I've still got my '08 Nightster.  Tweaked it a bit with Screamin' Eagle high flow intake, slip ons and Level One Download.  It's fast and fun to ride on short runs.  Not real comfortable to go too far ;) ;D   Haven't rode it much the last couple years.  Maybe I'll ride it more this season :-\ 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

moosehunter

I got my mc license before my car license. When I turned 16 my dad had a KZ 400 that he rarely used but there was no spare car. Easy choice !
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Weekend_Sawyer

The first bike I ever rode on the road was a KZ 400!
It pumped oil out on my boot and the clutch cable was sticky.
The chain was in such bad shape that it never fully straightened out in places.
The tires were almost shot and it was also the first bike I rode in the rain.
I didn't drop it but it was and experience I don't want to relive.
Poor old bike was the epitome of rode hard and put away wet.
I took a girl out riding one day and she was snuggled up behind me and holding me tight.
I thought she was loving the way I carved out the curves, turns out she was holding on for dear life!

Ah fond memories.

isawlogs

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on March 19, 2018, 06:46:37 AMI thought she was loving the way I carved out the curves, turns out she was holding on for dear life!

Funny how perspectives can be so different from one to another !!!!
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

scsmith42

Bill, you've had your license one year longer than me; I got mine in '75.  I came up on Honda's though and switched to Harley's in '98.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Weekend_Sawyer

I got mine in78' when I was18 on that KZ400.

The guy giving the test almost failed me because the bike was in such bad shape.

I honestly knew very little about street riding as I had been in the dirt since I was 12 and don't know how I passed it. I almost failed the test by running the stop sign at the end of the course but I heard my brother shout STOP!!

When I got home and told my mom I have my motorcycle license she almost had a heart attack!

The things we put our poor mother's through.

Jon

DR_Buck

Before being licensed I rode Yamaha, Honda and Jawa dirt bikes.  Played at enduro dirt track racing one summer.   Got my license in 74'.  Rode Hondas and an old beat up Sportster that didn't last long.    Sold them all, mostly in a box as parts in 1981 and didn't ride again until I got the Can AM in 2012.   The same year I bought a used Nighthawk that I got some grief over so I sold it and stuck with 3 wheels. 
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Thank You Sponsors!