iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Had to save a Fawn today!!

Started by thatchipperguy, May 16, 2016, 08:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatchipperguy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2hNQpZI3to

While skidding a Fawn was trying to stay safe under a bundle of wood. The rescue was on to save it from getting injured.

thecfarm

Wonder how it got there and wonder how you guys could see it. I hope MaMa finds it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thatchipperguy

Buncher guy said at lunch that there was a doe over there in the morning acting funny so I'm sure they will find each other.

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ron Scott

~Ron

WV Sawmiller

Well done. We have several raise in my pasture every year. I call my wife the photographer to come get pictures many times. It is neat to watch them grow up. One small point above my goat barn is a regular nursery for them. I guess they can smell danger on the breezes and have a good escape path.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

It's amazing that even as small as it was it knew that when hiding did not work running was the answer.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

glad you seen it and saved it     its heart braking when you don't see them until its to late I have put a few through the mow machine and one through a baler it was under the hey and never saw it till we picked up the bale of hay   i was almost in tears

sawguy21

I hope it's mother finds it before the coyotes. Good on you not handling it like those tourists in Yellowstone.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thatchipperguy

Wife wanted me to bring it home lol. I seen the Yellowstone story the same day and I was thinking the same thing.

rjwoelk

While guiding out in BC several deer crossed our path and jumped the drift fence, the fawn tried to crawl through the fence but was stuck, I got off the horse picked it up and it let out one terrible scream, had 3 does come a running, dropped it over the fence , it made a bee line to a doe and dived in for a drink while the other 2 does stood there stamping their feet. I was glad to be on the othere side of the fence.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

WV Sawmiller

We raised one on a bottle 10-12 years ago. Mother was killed by a car and we'd milk the goats and feed her. She was the neatest pet we ever had because she was free to go and played with the wild deer and would come when called or hungry or just wanted a meal or company. She would come kiss the kids to lick the salt off their faces and made sweet photos. Morris, our big yellow tom cat, was same size as her when we got her and would lick the milk off her face after every feeding and they became best friends. When near grown Morris would see her feeding in the pasture and stalk her like a leopard after an antelope, charge and make a mock attack with paws spread. They'd chase each other around a bit then stop, sniff noses and go their own way. I shot a young deer during antlerless season and Spot jumped up 30' away where they had been playing together and I had not seen her. I still feel guilty about that and honestly would not have shot her friend in front of her had I seen her in time. She followed me home and I gave her a fortune cookie and forgave me. She stayed around a little over a year and disappeared. I figure coyotes or wild dogs got her or someone shot her for meanness as she had an orange collar on so we could tell. It was summer and not hunting season. She was too dependable to return home every day or so to just stop on her own.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Carson-saws

Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Chuck White

We saw the first one of the year, out beyond the back yard yesterday afternoon.

Couldn't see him really very well, he was in the tall hay keeping up with mama!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!