iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

M14 Foley Belsaw Sawmill

Started by first shirt, August 05, 2008, 07:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjackpa

frank and chris thank you very much. I really dont know what I was thinking but you guys are both right!! I cant wait to hook that shaft up.     

Meadows Miller

Gday Tony

No Worrys anytime Mate  ;) ;D Thats what the Forums here for  ;) ;D ;D 8) I see your 28 mate  im turning 28 in 7 weeks ;D 8)

Reguards Chris

4TH Generation Timbergetter

sjh

I think the biggest thing about changing from right to left is your main shaft. It is threaded for right hand operation. Turning opposite will make the nut spin off.  That could make for a very dangerous situation.

bandmiller2

A yup,that would be one of the problems SJH,also an identity crisis you wouldn't know if you were the sawyer or the offbearer.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Meadows Miller

Gday

:D :D :D :D :D you wouldent know weather you where coming or going would you Frank ;) :D  :D  ;D
I worked for  Terry tight butt  ;) once upon a time and ran a B/down saw that had a cotter/split pin to hold the mandrel nut on tight  :o  he was tooo dang tight to spend the $1k to get a new one made up  :) :) ::) ::) it took about 3 times aslong to do the saw change and that was done 3 times aday  :) ::) I still got paid by the hour tho  ;) :D :D :D ;D

Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

hdillon1969

Does anyone know the part number for the bearings for a Belsaw Foley M14? 

moodnacreek

If it's on the mandrel it is a standard ball bearing insert, 1 3/4" bore the same as used in [standard duty] pillow blocks. You should buy expensive ones like Fafner/Timkin, U.S.A. or Europe or Japan.   These inserts turn into the bellsaw castings. Clean the shaft as little as possible as the new bearings must not have a loose fit. If they slide in place too easy you could 609 loctite.  If you do be very careful as it can set up and if the bearing is not exactly in position you are in trouble.          The bearing number should be on the insert but you don't really need it.

Thank You Sponsors!