iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new shirt

Started by tule peak timber, December 01, 2020, 09:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tule peak timber

I love my new shirt, thanks to my wife and Granddaughter. It fits me perfectly in more ways than one 8)

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Old Greenhorn

Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

I am sitting in front of the fire, no one else is awake, watching the news... made me literally laugh out loud.  yes how do I get to the WOC store?   8) 8) 8)  :D :D :D   :) :) :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WDH

You are really embracing this WOC designation.  

Per our discussion at Jake's, there are millions and millions under the bell curve, but out there on the far far left end of the distribution, there is only one WOC  :D.

I would toast you, the WOC, with some of those good spirits that you and Andries so graciously gave me, but alas, it has departed this Earth.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WV Sawmiller

I'm happy for you. Everybody should have what they want and deserve. My folks gave me my Grinch stocking which I have already hung.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Tacotodd

My wife would say   :(
Trying harder everyday.

tule peak timber

My wife does the books and runs the office and tells me that I can shovel anything I want---just keep shoveling WOC

21incher

That is perfect. You definitely have earned the title.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

doc henderson

with all the ideas for small stuff, there may be a firewood shortage just around the corner.   :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

tule peak timber

There are a large number of people stuck at home trying to make a buck...

Raider Bill

What's a WOC?
I'm sheltered.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Tacotodd

His words, "Wizard Of Crap"
Trying harder everyday.

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

tule peak timber

Today the wizards crew at work. Tony and Anthony milling some cedar beams for a new building.

Colleen runs the office,schedules the customer flow, tax stuff etc, and is busy from dawn to dusk.

AJ is numbering some the thousands of boards in the NNRH project . This is part of a cedar zone that was certified two days ago in a "virtual committee" meeting via Google Meet.Lots of cooks in the kitchen!

Sean and Evan are building shipping crates today. An indispensable team that can do anything ! 

And finally the Wizard of Crap himself! Today I am making "brown" yet again. I started making brown crap over 2 years ago and it has evolved into a steady business of different custom shades of translucent brown. That's a lot of crap and a lot of brown! Thought you might enjoy a spin around the site today, December 2, 2020.

Nebraska

@WOC .......just checking to see if it would work. ;)

YellowHammer

VERY impressive.  

I agree, I think Tule's handle should be changed or at least given an alias to WOC.   :D
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

tule peak timber

Last night AJ and Tony were moving a long end jointed countertop and they became concerned about flex stress on the joint. The joint itself is a large deep spline with a tight fit but I agreed that during handling later during installation the surface finish might hairline crack. Normally we would subset a plywood panel into the bottom for stiffness but routeing out the pocket takes time that we don't have. A quicker solution is to kerf the bottom , insert carbon fiber tow and wet it out with a little epoxy. I will check the results this morning. WOC

doc henderson

can we add WOC to the dictionary?  @Jeff  :) :) :)
where do you get the carbon fiber?

beav

If you are in even more of a hurry you can use cyanoacrylate (super glue) in matrix with carbon fibers. Just use the good stuff

tule peak timber

This tow came from
Fibre Glast Developments Corp.
  Several company's online sell various fibers, just watch for their sales.
 beav,,,spot on , another tool in the arsenal but it does not have much shelf life. That said I have lots of bottles of accelerate and matching "crusty" bottles of the glue. At the end of every workday I have the guys stop and do any epoxying necessary on any of the projects taking advantage of the night time to set. We never epoxy in the morning because of the lost time to set.In some joinery I will use a dot of cyano in the center surrounded by another glue like PUR, press the joint and walk away while the PUR expands and seals the deal. Cheers WOC

Nebraska

Carbon fiber buried in epoxy to bolster a wooden something. Just never considered it. Hope I'm not the only one.  ;) Today is not wasted, I learned something. 
Been schooled again by the WOC. :) :)  

tule peak timber

Sunday morning and I'm still doing "brown", now down to 2% increments. I've tried to explain to my clients on this job (there are 15 to whom I answer) that fine tuning a tinted finish, taking a photo of it and how it will be applied to different reclaimed boards is like apples and oranges. But still, it is an exercise I go through non-stop. The last photo is some of the sequenced wall panel, jammed up in the mouth of the shop waiting for the OK to start finishing.The building next door is starting to fill up. This building is jammed up and sometimes I get fed up; today being one of those times. LOL

tule peak timber

After the first of the year I'll detail my new "whisker" machine build . Just pulling the parts together now for an improvement over whisker 001.

Thank You Sponsors!