iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Top link

Started by TroyC, April 04, 2021, 12:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TroyC

Thinking about a hydraulic top link for the tractor. Don't really know if I need one.
I have several implements I use on a quick hitch. Hitch works fine but on occasion I have to adjust link when going from box blade to bushhog to disc harrow.  Tractor has rear hydraulic connection. Just wondering how many tractor users have hydraulic top link, and if the benefits justify the cost. From what I can see the hydraulic link and hoses run about 250.00. Any suggestions, and what are the pros and cons?

mike_belben

Be the cats meow for rear forks or 3pt log grapple, gin pole, stuff like that.  Maybe also for traversing banks with a mower.

Will also male it easy to keep PTO shaft angles in check for best lifespan as you raise and lower the implement.  Say a 3pt chipper or mixer.. You want the joints running equal and opposite.. Otherwise they wear out quick. 
Praise The Lord

Chuck White

I think it's a really good idea, very few 3-pt hitch attachments need the same adjustment on the top link!

Be good if you had a lock-out to prevent inadvertent/accidental adjustment while in use!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Patrick NC

They work great for using a box scrape also. You can quickly adjust between a more or less aggressive cut from the seat of the tractor. I have one on my Kubota and wouldn't do without it. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

pineywoods

Have a home-made one on my kubota M4700. Very handy, especially with box blade or gin pole.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Dave Shepard

I have what Kubota calls Top-N-Tilt. The top link and one side of the 3 point are hydraulic. I'm lost without it on other tractors. Box blade is the biggest reason for it, but it's handy on any attachment, and  also for getting hooked on.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

blackfoot griz

I also have a home-made hydraulic top link and wouldn't want to be without it.

I modified a forklift attachment that I can mount on the 3 point hitch. It would be worthless without the hydraulic top link.

Thank You Sponsors!