iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

20HP Briggs Vanguard wireing diagram

Started by jerry-m, March 22, 2006, 10:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry-m

I have a Kasco Saw IIB with a 20 horse Briggs that the wireing has been cut and reconnected many times... Several wires just left hanging not connected to anything... Just a mess for someone like me that does'nt know squat about this type wireing...

I called Kasco for a owners manual which they sent (took a week to get here) but no wireing diagram and I am wanting to see if this mill will saw some lumber...

This is a 1999 or 2000 motor on a 2000 Kasco mill...

If someone could help me with a wireing diagram I would be very thankful...

Thanks  Jerry
Jerry

highpockets

Jerry, you might call the briggs folks and see if they will send you a diagram.  If not I'd be glad to give you some help. 
Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

GF

I would call Briggs directly, they sent me the wiring schematics for a 31hp Vangaurd I have.

sawguy21

A Briggs dealer should have the schematics for the engine. That part is simple but it won't show the mill wiring, if any.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

jerry-m

Thanks Guys,

I did finaly find manage to down load a parts list from Briggs web site but was not what I need at this time...

However I got my son in law who is / was an auto mechanic to offer to help me hook every thing up correctly I hope... I am afraid of frying something if every thing isn't connected properly... There were no fuses in any of the messed up wireing and on some wires the insulation is melted...

I will put in some fuses for sure...

What I need is to look at someone that has an Kasco saw as there are some other things that seem to need some attention, but I think all you guys with one are to far away from East Texas...

Thanks everyone,  Jerry

UPDATE;  We rewired everything this evening, and everthing seems to work just find 8)

It was too late and to cold to try to mill a log so that will have to wait awhile because I still need to check out proper set up and alinement...

Thanks, Jerry

Jerry

Thank You Sponsors!